Chapter 23: Become a Spare Tire in the Love Story

Arc 1.23 : Sad¹ News

---

Ye Chen took three packs of wedding candy and came to Ye You's dormitory, then said to Ye You: "The things before are in the past already so just let it go. After all, we are still a family, so don't worry about those things anymore. In a few days will be my engagement banquet with Du Hao. I hope you, uncle and auntie, also Ye Song brother can all come to attend. You are all my maiden family², I will be very happy when you come. When the time come, I can introduce you to the Du family and Sun family."

"Thank you for your kindness. My parents and my brother are usually very busy. They may not have time to attend your engagement banquet. I don't really want to go, so I won't specially go to bask in your light. Don't think of us as your maiden family, because become your maiden's family is too expensive, our family does not lack money, but there is no habit of wasting money." Ye You put the wedding candy on the table back to Ye Chen's hand and said, "I wish you and Du Hao can get married soon, and then grow old together. I hope that no matter what happens in the future, you won't come to find me again. As long as you two can take it as I don't exist, I will be grateful to you. "

Ye Chen looked at Ye You and didn't know how to go on. He really didn't understand. Ye You clearly liked Du Hao before, but suddenly it seemed as if he had never liked Du Hao. And when did he become friends with Du Yao? This makes him very puzzled. If he does marry Du Yao in the future, wouldn't they change from cousins to brother-in-law³? In any case, he must find a way to prevent this from happening.

"Wait a minute." Ji Wen stopped Ye Chen, who was about to turn around and left, and returned a packet of wedding candy on his table to Ye Chen. "Sorry, I have always had a toothache these days. I'm afraid I won't be able to enjoy these candy, you better gave it to someone else."

"Ji Wen." Zhao Yu called Ji Wen, then threw the candy on his table to Ji Wen, asked Ji Wen to help him and return it to Ye Chen.

Ye Chen took three packets of wedding candy, and after a glance at them, he turned and left.

"Looking at him like that, he must go to other people to pretend to be pitiful again, saying that we deliberately did not accept his wedding candy or something, and then other people will say, ignore them, they are just jealous of you." Ji Wen guessed what would happened after Ye Chen left and he guessed it correctly.

In fact, after the incident between him and Du Hao was exposed, Ye Chen went around pretending to be pitiful and miserable, saying how difficult the process of dating was for him and Du Hao, how painful they faced the opposition from the family, and then got a lot of people's sympathy. Ye You felt, this was also his protagonist's halo at play, otherwise, not everyone can succeed in showing how miserables they were⁴.

Ye You and his family did not attend Ye Chen's engagement banquet, nor did they send gifts. Ye You's parents knew that Du Hao and Ye Chen had made Ye You take the blame, and they spread rumors everywhere that destroy Ye You's reputation and humiliated him. They were so angry that they wanted to kill Du Hao, and absolutely impossible for them to join Ye Chen and Du Hao's engagement banquet. Also,  they had made up their mind to cut off contact with old man Ye and second house's family5, and will have nothing to do with each other in the future.

Many people from the Cultural Regiment attended Ye Chen's engagement banquet. When they return, they discussed which military leaders and officers they saw at the engagement banquet for several days. Then they admired Ye Chen's good marriage and that he will be very happy in the future.

Ye Chen was enjoying everyone's admiration and envy, and he felt as if he walked with the wind6, light as a feathers. When Ye Chen was in his original world, he liked men, but in his country, same-sex marriage was not legal. Before transmigrating, Ye Chen had always imagined that he could be an object that everyone envied. When he transmigrated over and learned about everything related to the original owner, he knew that in this world, all his dreams would be able to achieve. Betrothed to Du Hao was just the first step to realize his dream.