Chapter 26 : Become a Spare Tire in the Love Story

Arc 1.26 : Sorry, I Don't Want to Give You Up

---

As soon as Ye You entered, he saw Du Yao with a thick quilt behind him. He was lying half leaning on the bed, looking out of the window with his head tilted. This kind of picture immediately gave him the urge to cry. He has the determination to live a good life whether Du Yao can recover or not, but he still feels distressed and wants to cry.

Du Yao heard the door opening and slowly turned his head to look at Ye You. His expression was calm, but his face was still a little pale. He was as gentle and affectionate as ever when he was looking at Ye You.

Ye You walked over to the bed, the guards and care worker consciously got up and walked out.

Ye You sat down on the bedside, looking at Du Yao for a while, stroked his face and asked, "Does it hurt?"

"Yeah, it hurts, but it's better than when I just woke up." When Du Yao just woke up, he felt like his body has broken into pieces and couldn't be connected, whole body was extremely painful.

Ye You slowly leaned over to hug him, and then gently leaned his head against him. Du Yao's body could not move at will, so there was no way to hug Ye You back. But Ye You felt that even though it was just a gently touched on his body, it made him feel very at ease.

"I'm sorry..." Du Yao said suddenly: "Ye You, I'm sorry."

Ye You straightened up and looked at him, waiting for him to continue talking.

"Doctor said, I'm very likely, hard to get better again. Maybe I can only move in a wheelchair in my whole life. Even if I can stand up, in the future, I...will not be able to lead troops anymore."

"So?" Ye You was much calmer than he thought, and he still waited calmly for Du Yao to finish talking.

"... But, I'm sorry, I still don't want to give up on you." Du Yao said with a serious and firm look in his eyes: "I have no way to give you to others, and then always worry about whether you are happy or not. This torture makes me more painful than I can't stand up anymore. . So, please forgive my selfishness, I want you to stay, even if I can't bring you glory, I will definitely make you happy."

After looking at him for a while, Ye You's eyes moistened and said, "Since you said so, you are not allowed to back out. You must make me happy. If in the future you say something about major principle¹, push me away and keep me away from you, I will, kill you to vent my anger."

"I promise you, I will never push you away." Du Yao promised².

Ye You hugged Du Yao lightly again, put his(YY) face on his(DY) face and said: "It doesn't matter if you can't walk, it doesn't matter if you can't lead the troops, as long as we are determined to live a good life, we have many ways to live happier than anyone else, as long as we are together, nothing can stump us."

After the two cuddled quietly for a while, Ye You looked at Du Yao and said, "I can make a lot of money. I will support you in the future."

"You want to support³ me?" Du Yao looked at Ye You with a smile.

"Yes, I'm going to make money to support you. We can go to a lot of places to play, or build a big villa on the mountain. We live in the mountains and I will cook for you every day. If we get tired of living in the mountains, we can just come back to the city again. I want to build a big house. You and I, our children, our parents, and your grandparents all can come live there."

"Okay." Du Yao agreed. He looked at Ye You's eyes, like a net woven with tenderness and love, wrapping Ye You tightly.

"Then let's get engaged first, so that I can take care of you properly. The engagement banquet won't be held. When you get better, we will have another grand wedding banquet."