Chapter 24: Become a Spare Tire in the Love Story

Arc 1.24 : Fast Asleep and Not Wake Up

---

Ye You pushed the door and went in. Inside were a guard and a care worker. When they saw him coming in, they stood up at the same time.

"You are...?" the guard looked at Ye You and asked.

"I belong to the Cultural Regiment, and my name is Ye You." Ye You was thinking of how to explain to them why he came to see Du Yao. The two of them looked at each other and left by themselves.

"We can only allow you to stay here for ten minutes." The guard stood at the door and said, before closing the door from outside.

Ye You thought to himself, it seemed that the person who answered the phone had already explained that he would come. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, then walked to the bed. He looked at Du Yao who was lying on the hospital bed and felt very distressed.

Although Du Yao's face was clean and there were no scars, he closed his eyes as if he was asleep.

Ye You sat down by the bed, he raised his hand, but did not dare to touch him because he didn't know which place he was the injured.

"Can you hear me?" Ye You whispered, "I'm really angry, do you know? I shouldn't had let you say anything about getting engaged after returning from the mission."

Ye You regretted it very much, but he did not expect that Du Yao had set up a huge fg¹.

After looking at Du Yao for a while, Ye You said in a deliberate tone, "Wake up soon, okay, I don't want you to stay asleep and don't want to wait too long. I want you to wake up quickly, and then we will get engaged immediately. There's no need for engagement banquet, wait for when we get married we just have a wedding banquet. Regardless if you can't walk in the future, as long as you can wake up, I will marry you. If you don't wake up, then I, I will go find someone else and you will regret it."

Ye You bend down one his foot at the bedside, lean over to kissed Du Yao's face gently, and said in his ear, "If you feel bad for me, don't make me worry for too long. I know you have a very powerful perseverance, you have survived on the battlefield of the Southern Territory. Even if you are seriously injured this time, it is nothing to you. I will wait for you, but don't let me wait too long, I'm begging you, please."

"You said that you will give me happiness and protect me from being bullied. If you dare to only say but do nothing, I will punish you, punish you in a way that will definitely make you regret it."

"I want to take time off to take care of you, but if you don't wake up, your family will definitely not agree. We are not engaged, and the Cultural Regiment will not approve of my leave. I know, you have always been trying very hard. You have stronger abilities than others, and you have worked harder than others. That's why at such a young age, you can achieve the achievements that most people can't achieve in a lifetime. But while making these efforts, you must be exhausted. If you feel tired, you can sleep well for a while, but don't sleep for too long. I will be worried and afraid."

Ye You lightly kissed Du Yao on the cheek again, then stood up, a few seconds later, the guard pushed the door and went in, said, "The time is up, the doctors will be here soon. Go back first."

"Where had he injured at?" Ye You asked.

"Every inch of his body," the guard replied.

"Is it traumatic, or he hurt the tendons and bones?"

"The trauma is not serious."

Ye You closed his eyes, enduring heartache and asked, "Okay, when can I see him again next time?"