Chapter-29

We woke up early in the morning. As being focused on the war nearing, we partially forgot about the schoolworks. Oh, let me make it a bit more clear. Akshay, Aria and I forgot the schoolworks, Ruby remembered it clearly.

Well, lucky for us, she ain't mean enough to not show the works. Let's forget the part that we offered her a peaceful summer this year. Uhm, well about that....

Yes, we are one week into the new year and till now, nothing suspiciously bad has happened. Which is scary, but who cares.

There's just few more days to the war, and we are not even half prepared. We now can control our emotions really well. And has only started with the usage of weapons. Two trainings in and three minor injuries to the werewolf and a huge cut in his stomach. Due to his healing power, the minor ones didn't even left a scar. But the huge one took some time to heal. Only a scar is left.

We were inside the familiar training room by 12:15 in the morning. Akshay and I were holding two daggers with simple black handle in both hands, a distance of 6 feet between us. Cody, closing his eyes, took a deep breath as glowing light blue flames started to ignite from his hands. He opened his eyes and began talking. "The things I am going to make won't harm you. They are for you to practice your fighting without harming anyone. You both have a good control of weapons which is a surprise for all of us due to the fact you haven't been trained before."

"The blades of those daggers are sharp, of course, but you both need to be trained for being hurt and to hurt. Not emotionally, physically." He said before we could say we have been hurt emotionally, and mentally, a lot of times. "You said our weapons will be having magic in them. But these are just normal ones. Right?" Akshay asked, voicing the same question I had. "Well we can't give you powerful enchanted weapons at first itself. You guys better have a good grip on these normal ones, because as soon as you have, you will be able to touch the enchanted treasures." Oliver said, casually.

"Well, shall we start?" I asked.

Glowing blue humans started to generate from Cody's hands. We both hold our hands tightly around the daggers and as soon as the things were near enough, we started killing them. With some tricks taught by the duo watching us fight.

Just one stab or slash wasn't enough for them to die. A couple of them was needed to kill one. After an hour of killing the continuously coming glowing people, we were allowed a break. We sat down, legs criss-crossed, taking deep breaths and listening to the surroundings. It sounds stupid, but I could hear Oliver smiling at us proudly.

The calm breaths of the duo and the rapid ones of Akshay's and mine were the only sound to be heard. I tried to hear what's happening in the other room. There was nothing. Silence with regular breathing of four other people. Sometimes gulps.

We were calm, and resting, when we heard a loud thud. But before I could open my eyes, I lost my consciousness. Slipping into a black world slowly, the last things I heard were unnatural sounds. Sounds and feelings that made me sick to the stomach. A feeling never experienced before, as if from the outer universe.