Chapter-9

Mathew's house was elegant but rich. They had a medium sized lawn in front with a large black gate and grey walls. There were two cars in the porch, a Jeep Wrangler and a Honda Civic. There was a small wooden door from the porch which enters to the Kitchen and a dark brown door as the real entrance that opens to Living room. The inside of the house was fully painted in light grey while the outside was dark grey in color. The living room was decorated with faded beige mid century sofa, two off white single sofas, a grey gabrielle sofa with white low table and two floor lamps with brass rod and white shade. One part of the room's wall was glass which had white semi see through curtains which let in enough light needed. Moving in to the kitchen which had beautiful grey cabinets, dark and grey alternatively repeating, built in stove with hood and a sink. The next room was dining room which had a large dining table that can hold up to 15 people and had a large chandelier on top that lit up the right amount of space. Then came the guest room aka the room me and Ruby is going to sleep in. The room was spacious enough with a queen sized bed that had side tables which had three drawers each, a lamp and an alarm clock. There were three large windows on one side of the bedroom, two of which had light grey curtains and the middle one covered in white blinds. There was a grey recliner sofa near to the windows which looked so comfy and was later proved. There was also a dressing table opposite of the bed which had a large mirror, 12 drawers and 2 cupboards. We also saw Mathew's room, which was my favorite so far and the last one we saw. His room was situated upstairs, and the stairs that took us there were just fitting to the picture. They had a staircase with black tiles, just like the tiles in the room it was situated in, and silver rails.

Mathew's room was also grey in color but a darker shade, lighter than the outside color. He had a windowsill which was also considered a bed in Mathew's language because of the cozy cushions, pillows and blankets that was set there. Well it is really a bed but comparing towards the real bed it was nothing even though I liked the windowsill bed more. He had dark grey, which could be mistaken for black, king sized bed with black side tables and lamps with black shades. There was grey fluffy rug that went well with the rest of the bedroom. There were corner floor lamps that gave the minimum amount of light we need and a black study table with an LED table lamp where he studied, of course, and a closet which looked like a part of the wall if it was not for the matte black surface of it. There was also a chandelier which had four circles that look liked they were fixed to each other and gave the room an extra lighting which really didn't looked so good for the room, but it's their house. They can have whatever lights or style they preferred. We changed into some thing more comfortable, which for me was a grey track pants and loose white shirt and for Ruby was a three fourth khaki trousers and black shirt, before going to living room. Mathew had a sister whose name was Minerva and was an amazing 18 year old who welcomed us wearing a grey leggings and black t shirt. The boys were already there, Mathew wearing black shorts and grey t shirt and Akshay wearing khaki shorts and brown t shirt. They were already talking with Mr. Clair about something while Minerva led us to kitchen to join Mrs. Clair.

"Thank you Mrs. Clair for letting us stay here" Ruby said politely when we saw Mrs. Clair. "Oh my child, no need of thanks. Actually we should be the ones thanking you three for being the good friends of his. I mean, he never had... Oh Minnie, can you pass me some peppers." she didn't completed as she turned to whatever she was cooking. Minerva took the pepper and gave it to her as she sprinkled it over the food and started to saute it. Whatever she was cooking it smelled good.

Seems like Minerva regretted getting us here as Mrs. Clair always goes back to work in the mid of the conversation. She led us out as she talked, "I am sorry Ruby and Janet. Mama can be like that. She always gets distracted by cooking, no matter whatever is going on." "It's alright Minerva" I said and Ruby continued "we think she is an amazing cook" "Oh believe me she is. And please call me Minnie both of you and hope it is okay if I call you Ruby. And do you prefer any pet name Janet?" "You can call me Jan, Minnie" I said giving a pleasant smile. We reached the living room where the Clair men and Akshay were sitting and settled ourselves down. We all chatted for a bit when Minerva excused herself when she got a call and came back asking us should she take leave from the part time job she is doing which we said was okay and she can go. She quickly ran up and got ready in her work uniform and rushed outside saying bye and see you soon. Mr. Clair yelled out "Go safe" while she replied "I will" before making it out of the door.