Chapter-13

I had my bag packed but I again checked if I took all the necessary items. I sneaked out of my home, even though my parents know sneak out sounds exciting. I was out and walked to the meeting point. A little early but Mathew was already there. Wonders if he even got home. "Hey" he greeted excitedly. "Hello, What's the surprise?" I greeted back with a question. "Let the others come. He said and I nodded. We waited for 2 more minutes when Ruby showed up, "Hey guys" We both greeted back and waited in complete silence. Three more minutes passed when Akshay decided to show up at last. We walked down to school making sure that people really didn't noticed us and while walking Akshay, at last, broke up the silence, "You guys never asked me about seizure. Aren't you all curious?" "Let me think. Oh yes my mother thinks it is not appropriate asking you that even though you are our best friend." Mathew said and pouts. When boys pout, it's differently cute. We giggled as we walked. "Oh it is some king of birth complication. Haven't got them in a while but that day I forgot to take medicines so yeah." He says in a normal tone "And have you take medicines today?" Ruby asked raising an eyebrow and looking towards him. "Yeah yeah" he chuckled. Good. But that's when the dreadful feeling came. The feeling of somebody watching us. The feeling of somebody following us. I looked over my shoulder. After few minutes again did. When I started to do so for quite a few times Ruby interrupted, "you alright Janet?" Despite the fact, I nodded. Ruby looked at me, silently letting me know everything will be alright. Oh Lord, how wrong was she!

We reached the window I had picked the lock of. We already had slightly opened it so that we can open the window from outside and thank lord, the window was still open. We opened the window and slipped ourselves inside. So far, so good. We went towards the door and slowly but steadily and stealthily made sure there was no one out. We made ourselves to the hallway and walked towards the English classroom. First Prank: Laying down numbers of books as stacks on the floor. We got our own books and other people's too, thanks to Mathew, and was laying down the books when Ruby suggested something, "Can we put confetti on the fan? So when somebody comes in and starts to keep all the books properly, they will eventually put the fan. And it will be like a new year celebration for a second" She looked adorable being tensed and rebellious. "Who are you and what have you done to Rubedium Celsia?" Mathew asked and we all laughed. "Shh" Akshay shushed us as we all tried to keep our laughter to ourselves. When we were half done we stood above table and chairs to reach the fan and spread the upper parts of the leaf with confetti. We continued our work and half way through it Akshay asked us to do the next prank we have to and we all agreed. Prank 2: Cover everything possible in the principal's room with foil. Wicked, I know. Before leaving, Mathew gathered all of us around. We all should be back at our meeting place by 1 in the morning and if someone didn't showed up go and confess whatever happened here to Ruby's dad, believing being an advocate and close friend of the sheriff of the town, he can help us.

The three of us made our way towards the principal's room when we heard voices. We hid ourselves in the dark hallway right next to us as we listened to the voices. "Tomorrow it will be an amazing day." the first voice spoke which we recognized as Mrs. Thompson. "Hmm.. I am sure that you are aware that kids can also prank us." That was a senior teacher who I don't know of. "Unless until they are here" Suddenly the footsteps stopped and we suck in a breath. Did they understood we are there. "And they are listening to our conversation" "And planning a prank to get us killed" A moment more of silence and sudden break of laughter. "That would be impossible Mrs. Thompson" Nothing is impossible dear sir. We waited till the footsteps fainted away and made our way once again towards the Principal's room. We opened the door and to our horror there was already someone else. "Happy Prank Friday sir or ma'am" It was Aria who turned and said that phrase. The most intelligent and studious girl. Teachers' pet. No way. "You?" Ruby asked in complete disbelief. "Who doesn't want to be rebellious?" She innocently smiled. Oh my... I have no words. I am speechless. And seems like I was because it took some time for me to say something. "Seems like you are doing a similar idea. We might just leave then" Mathew looked at me disappointingly when I spoke. Aria asked with a small tension her voice, "If you guys would like to, you guys can join. Me being a single prankster was hard because the real plan was covering the whole office with foil which seemed pretty hard for me. So I was thinking to wrap some objects in gift wrappers." "That is a great idea. You can wrap things in gift paper and we will wrap them once again with foil. It will be pretty hilarious to watch them struggle" Mathew snorted. Mathew and Ruby started wrapping those things dressed with gift paper in foil while me and Aria started to suit other things in gift paper. "Woah guys!" Akshay came after half an hour and looked around searching our faces if it is okay to say in her presence and continued "You guys won't believe what happened in washroom" "Eww" Mathew replied and Akshay looked at him vexed while we girls laughed. "Mr. Robins" He started as all our ears shot up in interest and faces turned to pretty serious. "He has applied something making the soap useless."

He was about to do one of our other plans when Mr. Robins came into the washroom. Luckily, Akshay quickly slipped into a toilet after a few seconds of silence Mr. Robins spoke to himself. "Now I wanna see anyone using these soaps." He laughed bitterly and stormed out of the bathroom. Akshay walked outside and making sure he was gone, tried using the soap. The soap won't bubble up or anything no matter how much he tried and that's when he understood Mr. Robins made the soap useless like that. He rewound what happened by helping us to wrap things up. The thing Akshay done was taping thin sized tape to the taps thus making water splash over when opened. He already had done the washrooms of one floor but he thought to make sure we were all perfect. There was only half an hour left when Mathew interrupted us, "I think I should tape the taps in other washrooms. And Janet, our final prank. I am going to leave them in your hands." I nodded. He left the room and as I checked the watch I understood I should get going by now to finish the work by 1 in the Morning. "Do you need me to accompany you?" Ruby asked and I politely denied it. I took the bag which had yellow paint, black markers and all the things that were needed for this prank. I walked out of the room and guided myself to one of the girls' washroom. I took out the yellow paint, black marker, tapes and stencils. I painted a cross on one of the stall and taped the sides neatly. I wrote down 'out of use' using the stencil and packed everything back up. Simple but effective.

I reached the meeting point at 1:15 am to see three worried young people. It was Ruby, Akshay and Aria. "I am sorry for being late. Where is Mathew?" I asked them when they looked at each other and at me. "He hasn't shown up yet" Akshay said worriedly. "We thought you both will come together that is the reason why we waited." Aria stated. "But school was pretty empty when I left the school." I said, now horror in my voice. "We should go to my dad as he had told" Ruby said and clearly I can't deny that these were the few moment she used brains and I was glad she did used them then. We walked towards her house and what was the best thing was that Aria was still sticking up with us. She didn't left us, which she totally can telling she doesn't want to be part of a mystery like this. We went and rang the bell for the door to be immediately opened by her mother. "Ruby you have at last showed up and I am glad all of you are safe" Her eyes quickly caught ours and stopped when she saw an unfamiliar one. "Who are you and where is Mathew?" her voice was already changing to worried tone. "Actually mom, this is Aria and Mathew. He... We don't know where is he" Rubedium spat out. "Oh my... Get in, get in" She ordered quickly and we all did without any questions. Ruby's father was already awake, most probably waitin' for his daughter. "Oh my darling princess... You have came back, that too along with your friends." His smile quickly disappeared as he studied our expressions. "What's wrong dears?" He asked. "It's Mathew Mr. Celsia" "We don't know where is he" "And he is the one who have asked us to inform you if one of us didn't showed up on time." me, Aria and Akshay completed each other out. He stood up taking his phone, making some calls while Mrs. Celsia warmed us with cups of hot chocolate and soothing words. After a while or so Mr. Celsia came back, "Mathew, he is an intelligent guy. And it was right of you all to inform me instead of his own parents first because they would most likely to get freaked out. And don't worry. We will find him in the fastest time possible." He gave us an assuring smile before adding "You all should sleep. And yes please sleep in here. If you want to call your parents to inform them tell me, I will do." Both Aria and me nodded no while Akshay told, "No need of calling my parents, sir. If I didn't turn up tonight I had asked them to just assume that I am at my friend's house" "No need to call me sir, son" he politely told him as he walked out. "Come children" Mrs. Celsia led us towards Ruby's room. She took out a bedspread, blanket and pillow, making a small comfy bed on the floor after making sure Akshay was alright to sleep down as the bed was made for him. We girls laid on the bed after switching off lights. I was trying to think about every thing but having a heavy night adding to my tiredness, I quickly dozed off. Mathew will be safe there.