Chapter-4

Clock is ticking and my heart is beating. It is past 12:30, still no responding. I am walking from the entrance to the end of the living room thinking about all the possibilities, that exists or not. Everyone thought it is better to leave me on my own world but little do they know I hear every single sound here. Mr and Mrs. Celsia is continuously calling my parents from 12:15. But every time they call, it will always be either switched off or user is busy or some errors like that. I took a glance at the clock. It is about to be 12:40. Wait. Oh no. It took me more than 15 minutes just to remember something like this. Really? "Aunt May" I said out loud making the rest three look at me. "What is it Jan?" Ruby asked. "calling Aunt May. Did you try calling her?" I asked no one in particular. "We did tried my dear but she has no idea about them." Mrs. Celsia told with a tired look. But when she saw me frowning because she was our only hope, Mrs. Celsia quickly said, "But she did say that she will tell us as soon as she got any information on your parents or your brother" My heart slowed down thinking about him. He didn't deserve to go through all these but because of me he should. My face dimmed. If they died there is no meaning in living anymore. That exact time I heard tires screeching in front of our house. I ran to the entrance, opening the door and letting myself out to the porch. There is my family. I let out a deep breath as my brother stepped out of the car. I ran towards my seven year old and hugged him, "Woah, calm down sissy. You gonna break my bones" He said as I left him and sat in front of him on my knees, looking into his deep blue eyes. His face changed to a calm expression as well as my face. I hugged him again as he returned it back, "I missed you" he whispered to my ears "I thought I lost you" I said, half crying.  "Well, never think that you are going to loose me so easily" he said as he smirked while I looked at him, my positive ever brother.

"Where were you all?" Mrs Celsia asked, a little annoyed. Can't blame her, can I? They let us eat fire while they were safe out there and giving us mini heart attacks as each minute were passing. "Sorry Jasmine, the procedures took longer time than it should have and the traffic had us blocked in the way. We were trying to reach you anytime possible but there was no much signal. So sorry." my mom replied with a smile which Mrs. Celsia returned gracefully as she hugged her and got in to the house. "Come on buddy, don't you need to get home and eat something yummy?" Ruby asked little Jayson to which he nods his head excitedly. We got into house and ate food. Constant looking at Jay making sure he is eating soft foods in small amounts was already annoying him but I need to take care of my little brother, don't you think? 

It was three in the afternoon when everything got normal. The 4 adults sat on the couch while we 3 sat on floor near to them. They were talking some stuff while we were playing UNO. Jay put a reverse yellow card I put a red reverse card and we were playing like that for a solid 1 minute without letting Ruby play. "How many Reverse cards you both have?" She asked looking at her deck of cards which has only got rid of 2 to 3 cards. We were using 8 cards to play, so yeah. I only have 3 more cards and Jay has just 2 more cards. It was my turn and I put a blue reverse card. Jayson literally growled and took a card from the deck of cards that wasn't used for plying. He frowned which meant he had no blue cards. Evil Laughs. Ruby put a wild card and said "Color changes to........ Green" Yes! I exclaimed in my mind. "UNO" I shouted when I put my second last card. My brother looks like he is going murder Ruby. "You both always plays as a team" He murmured as he put down a +2 green card. Ruby, looking so sad, took 2 cards from the deck and put one card. I won the game as I put my last card and gave my victory smile. I watched them played for a few minutes, and either of them is ready to give up. UNO was a game in either of us will ever give chance to whoever it might be. We don't care if it is our lovely sister, bestfriend, brother, we will just play like we are playing some Olympics or whatever. I stood up stretching myself as I saw Jay with one card left. I might just take another game because this was like 5th or 6th round. I went to my room, climbing the 3 steps which divides the living room and bedrooms, searching an interesting game. I maraud my room and at last found our another favorite game. Monopoly. I took it in my hands and went to the living room to see my brother and best friend sitting, their back faced to each other and mothers trying to reason them and fathers sitting there laughing at their stupid rants which really did looked cute. I went near them and asked what was the problem. Wish I never did.

"He cheated."

"I didn't, you just lost Ruby."

(mocking) "You just lost Ruby"

(angry) "Maybe you should accept when you fail Ruby."

"I am never going to accept a failure that has been gained just by the cheating of another player"

Starts making faces against each other. Suddenly I feel that these two are the tragic incidents that has happened in my life. I face palmed. "Guys, stop. It is alright, okay?" I tried reasoning but Ruby spoke up in an annoying tone "How is it alright Jan?" "Well maybe I have a better game" I showed them the game I was holding and suddenly they forgot that they even fought. We sat down and played and switched games until it was 7 in the evening. Both the mothers went to the kitchen to make dinner and we were fed up with just games. It was our time to lay on the couches once again but now there was Jayson too. We cuddled up as we switched the channels and at last keeping it in HBO. It was telecasting Spider-man: Far From Home. Rubedium has a huge crush on the actor, Tom Holland, and her one of the greatest wish is to take a photo with him. Can't blame her, he is good looking but I personally thinks that Zendaya is the queen.

We watched the movie till the end before we were called for dinner as when we started watching, it was already like half past the movie. We were greeted on the dinner table with Lasagna, ice creams and milkshakes. After dinner the Celsia family were going back to their house but when Ruby asked if she can stay with us they agreed. We said our good byes to Ruby's parents and we went to my room. Jayson slept with our parents, which he personally don't like, but he also thinks that it is better than sleeping alone due to emergencies. Me and Ruby opened the projector, putting off all the lights, Kit Kat bars which I have hid in secret places and watched Love, Simon. When the movie ended, Ruby was half asleep and I felt so tired which is why we turned off the projector and set off to sleep. These few days were not as tragic as they used to be. And I am getting scared for the slightest of the reasons. Is this hiding something? Is something horrible going to happen? I slept with hundreds of doubts, thoughts and question like every other day but a bit worse.