Chapter-20

It has been two weeks 3 days and 10 hours since the death of my family and Mathew. There has been not much happened since then other than knowing Mrs. Celsia is my godmother, which means that I am going to stay with them till 18 years old and after that I can leave whenever I need. And the funeral was also over. It feels like everyone who has been close to me have left me one way or another. No it isn't a feeling, it is the truth. I shook away the thought as I walked through the school corridor in my large hoody and pants. People were either staring at me with sympathy or condolences. I thought the hoods would cover me from the intense stares, but they didn't. The academic year was about to finish in few months time and the only things that has happened are sad, heart breaking situations. Okay, I might have found the best humans in the world but due to that one of them is dead. And the other three. I don't want them to die. I let out a deep breath as I got into my last class.

I had been trying to avoid my friends to protect them from death. And seems like luck is with me, they were not yet in the class. Being honest nobody was in the class. That was weird. But I think it is alright. I sat down and suddenly understood luck has never been on my side. There comes my 3 beautiful humans ready to murder me just because I avoided them for quite a long time. They came towards me and sat, bordering me. The only place that wasn't guarded was backside of mine, due to the reason there were no seats. If there were they would have assigned somebody to guard that place too. "Look there is something important to tell you and you are avoiding us. If we are destined to die then we will. Okay?" I didn't looked at them. They all sat properly as soon as the bell rang. I tried concentrating on what Akshay said. Something important. Is it something about my parents death? Or about Mathew's suicide? I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't have avoided them. And whatever it is, I should wait for them to break the news.

We reached the cafe, at the same booth at evening, after a long walk of silence. I waited for five minutes after all of us settling down and then also was silence. Until, "he killed himself to make sure the researches he was doing were right." Akshay said looking damn serious and angry. "He was killed by the government. If it was not for the stupid thing they are doing, he would be alive now too." Tears started rolling down his cheeks but he quickly wiped it off. "And you here is distancing yourself thinking everything is due to you." He was staring at me with lots of anger. I looked away from table to outside to see the familiar face that encountered us here a few days ago, among the officials. Akshay stood up quickly like he is going to fight them off but Ruby held him back. Aria spoke, "if you think you are going to fight them off right now, you are absolutely wrong and you know that. And Mathew. His death would be meaningless." "Murder" Askshay said under his breath. "There's something else" Ruby said and I looked at her. She took off a thing from her bag and kept it on the table. It looked like the box. The box with the words. But it wasn't hers. The name above the box was Mathew's. My forehead wrinkled as I stared at it. "Don't stare for too long, it won't change." Akshay broke my concentration and I looked at him. "He asked me to keep this with me while he kept a duplicate box." Akshay continued. "Who made you this? It looks pretty.... original" I asked confused. "Oliver. He gave me this box. I was confused at first thinking why should I have Mathew's box but he asked me to hand it over to Akshay with no questions asked. I did it. But I only understood why was it until Mathew died and Akshay narrated to me everything." Ruby stopped. I suddenly felt betrayed. Why didn't they tell me? I asked it out loud. "Oh really? Ask yourself that question one more time Janet. Akshay promised Mathew he won't utter a single word about his death until he is dead. And when he died someone distant herself from all the family she was left with even if she had read Matt's theories. Lemme think who was it. Oh yeah, I remember her name, Janet Luv." Rubedium said and looked at me angrily. And then I felt stupid. But I didn't showed it outside. I kept my grim face on and stared at the infinity.