Chapter-15

I woke up the next day by 5 in the morning all energetic and feeling good. I dressed up in a comfortable dress, good enough to go to school and stay at home. Walking down ravenous due to the lack of food intake, I grabbed some eggs to make them poached. When cooking I again thought about him. It was already six because I took long time to get up and dress myself. I was disturbed from my thoughts from my mom's foot steps. I smiled at her when she came to the kitchen and served the poached eggs from the pan to a plate. "Good morning! How you feeling?" She asked. "I don't know mom, good?" I said, but it was more like a question. A question I was asking myself. By 7 in the morning someone dared interrupt our morning routines and as I opened the door I found out it was Ruby and Akshay. "Come in" I invited them and they followed me back in. We sat on the couch and my mom brought us chocolate milk. We drank them in peaceful silence. That was until my father decided to switch on the T.V. to watch morning news. We paid attention to the news as that was our last hope of finding him. They were telling about some pandemic going on in the other world. Oh no! I thought when the government came to the screen, "Every transport to the other world will be blocked until the so called pandemic will be over. Stay safe everyone." You can't do that, I thought. Actually they can, and they did. My mind reminded me their power and I agreed with it. True.

We were laying so desperate when Akshay put down a suggestion, "can we walk a bit?" We agreed to the plan and soon enough we were out of the house. We wandered aimlessly until it was 12 in the noon and decided to stop somewhere to eat lunch. We walked a bit more and that's when all of us realized where we were. It was Mathew's home. After a few minutes of debating of going or not, we decided to get in. We rang the bell and waited. Two minutes passed when someone decided to open it. And it was Minerva. She smiled at us and moved to a side for letting us in. We got in and she whispered, "I was upstairs and mom and dad, let's say they ain't ready enough to accept the truth." We stood there. "We are sorry" Ruby quietly mumbled it. Minerva smiled. "There is no mistake you have done. So, don't be sorry" that's when a large swell of guilt started to hurt inside. I will be a good friend, I reminded myself. We walked towards the familiar halls, but deadly and missing. Missing something. Or someone.

I dug my fingernails into my palm as a small pain that used to ease me washed me. But this time it didn't eased me much. We all sat on the couch completely silent. After a minutes of silence Minerva proposed a question, "you guys hungry?" "No, we are good. Was walking to ease ourselves and that's when we thought to see you." I replied quietly. She hummed to me and then asked, "is there anything you wanna say?" She was clearly worried and trying to put up a brave face didn't helped then. Well yes Minnie but no. I screamed in my mind. "Nope" Ruby said popping the p. We sat there in awkward silence before being interrupted by a bell. Minnie opened the door to welcome a now more common face, and that is Aria. We all sat down and started to talk until it was 2 in the afternoon and we got really hungry. Minerva offered us lunch which we politely declined due to the fact that we didn't wanted to disturb them more. We got out as we walked when Aria suggested that we should not keep quiet and should plan something to find anything about him. "Do you think he will keep quiet if it was one of us? Even if it was me, somebody who hasn't talked to you all so much, he would try finding out where I am. At least we can try right?" She was completely worried and hoped that we would agree to her plan. "We ain't part of some mysterious magical novel like This Savage Song or Fantastic Beasts. And we are no heroes." Akshay tried reasoning with her. "We ain't no heroes until we decide to become one. And he is you guys best friend and I just wanna help. Also I do think his disappearance has to do something with our existence. You might have no problem Akshay because you have no word and you Ruby, you got an amazing word so you too also have no worries. But Janet, you. You are being blamed for things you have no idea about just because of the word you got. Don't you wanna know the truth? Or maybe do something for Mathew before we die?" She is right. I am being blamed but "We have no idea where to start" I said quietly. "Really? What this girl doing to you?" Akshay complained.

That's something to worry another time my boy. "She is right. I am the one being blamed and, yes, before I die I need to do something to know about our existence . And, maybe, that way solve Mathew's mysterious disappearance." I spit out as I looked towards Ruby. Her head was hung low the whole time, "if you don't want to it is fine. But we are going to do it and one request. Please, please don't betray us." She looked up as she said, her eyes watered. Akshay's eyes softened and he spoke, "I am not gonna leave you three alone. That won't let me sleep forever and Mathew, he is gonna kill me if he find out I left you three alone when he wasn't here. And moreover, we had a small mis communication. Oh, I am so dead if I don't help you girls out." We smiled at each other as we started to walk again. "So what's the plan?"

We will rescue him in some way. Mathew, just hold on a little more. We are so coming for you.