Chapter-31

Not a moment after my dialogue, a few guards came through the door. The guards who were in the corners of the room were tied by golden fey from the sword. And the sword was in my pocket now.

I smirked at the stunned faces of the guards. One of them took a special device and clicked something on it. Our room went red from it's white and blue decorations. A loud continuous beep sound was also heard.

Not wasting another second, Akshay took his weapon. It was just a short silver rod, with minimal design, which grew longer when he raised it between his right ear and shoulder. An energy was passed. He hold it a bit more tightly when a black smoke appeared at its end in the form of a scythe blade. One swish, the guards at the front were dead.

He looked amazed at what he have done. But being distracted wasn't the best thing then.

I quickly moved to his side as we attacked the rest of the guards. Golden fey lines and black smoke danced between the guards as each one end up on the ground, deceased.

We moved as we killed, Ruby and Aria making sure the Royals are protected, with Oliver helping us out at random times. He informed that the pack is on the way, along with the vampires.

We soon reached a small room with 3 other exits, excluding the one we came in through. We moved quietly as there were no people other than us. We were on our guard, but neither did I or Akshay noticed the arrows coming. A swift move by Aria and there was a huge ice shield protecting us. The arrows hit her shield and turned into tiny fragments. She moved away from the danger with the shield on, guarding and protecting us.

Soon the arrows stopped and we found ourselves in another room. It looked like an Arsenal. Amrin looked around. Detecting no danger, she gave life to a mini blue fire. It was enough light to see the room more clearly.

The wolf boy went towards the weapons as he checked them. He opened a stick in half to reveal a glowing blue thing. He closed and threw it towards us, the Warriors. I caught it and checked it by myself. Opening it, I saw the blue thing much clearly and it looked like a lightning. I closed it and looked towards my partner. Oliver had already threw another thing. It was a boomerang. White in color. He looked at me, as confused as I was. By that time Oliver had already taken the necessary weapons and came towards us.

"How to use this?" "And this?" I added my question to Akshay's. "Okay." Oliver mumbled as he stood a bit more closer. He took the boomerang from Aks and took the white cap of one end. Blade. "You know how to use a boomerang, right?" He asked with a smirk. "And yours is easy. Just break this." He did, revealing the lightning looking things. "Break them completely." He said as he separated the two rods. "Now u have two lightning swords." He said, showing us the sword. "Just stab or cut or touch them with the lightning blade." He said before I could ask.

"But what if we hurt one of us?" I asked, scared to even touch those lightning swords. "Well, you can't hurt unknowingly. And you both haven't yet." He said with a reassuring smile. He explained how to use the other weapons as we listened in carefully. We also collected some things, like scabbards, to hold the weapons.

We began moving again. Now, more armed. We walked, our ears perked up and our eyes sharp. No guards were in sight or sound. Or smell, in Oliver's case. "They are here." Oliver whispered. "The pack?" Cody asked. "And the vampires," replied Oliver. My grip tightened on one of the swords as I heard the boys.

We walked through the long corridor with no source of light or life. Our breaths and heartbeats would be even audible to untrained humans. Oliver paused in front of a door. We froze in our step. Does he smell something? Something more dominant than the crazy cousin of the Princess and the Princes. He opened the door to reveal light.

Arrows flew from the room but thanks to Ruby, who made a wooden shield. And that came from her hands. She looked at Aria as she nodded. What do these both have in their minds? I looked at Akshay to see him confused.

Aria joined Ruby as they both stood in front of us. After a second or two she produced fire and the shield caught it. We watched the wooden shield covered in fire flying towards the room as it expands. The shield, controlled by Ruby, was bending as it neared the people. Soon the guards present there were trapped inside a burning wood. She also made a lid of burning wood which covered the cylinder shaped shield, that was burning, and trapped the guards inside.

"They have the Alpha." Oliver said. We looked at the thing he was holding. It was a shirt. Near to it was blood. A huge bowl full of blood. Oliver's eyes held pain, but his face showed bravery. "Tell them. We need their help." Akshay said. He nodded and walked. "Has he told?" I asked quietly to Aria. "I did, let's move." Oliver replied. Yes. Dumb me.

We followed him.

"Don't let that disturb your mind. It ain't good." Bleu said quietly. He nodded as he continued walking. We moved with no further disturbance. It was an uncanny situation, too much silence and no attacks. Peacefulness had never been good for me.

I bumped into Ruby's shoulder when I moved further. Everyone was looking straight onto the wall. There hung a shirt, a bloody one, that looked oddly familiar. "Who do we have now?" "Matt." Akshay answered Aria's question, his voice nothing more than a whisper. "The blood is fresh." Commented Oliver, but the next words were what made us dreadful.

"and it's Mathew's."