Chapter-24

I started to gain consciousness and I knew it from the voices I am hearing.

"Sis we miss you so much." I understood it was continuous of something Ruby was saying. I wanted her to acknowledge her I am listening by some way. But I felt like paralyzed. I couldn't moved. I felt a pair of arms took hold of my palm. "Yesterday was the Winter Ball. What's fun without you?" I heard Akshay scoffing. He continued. "That would be our first ball. All of us going together. It could have been fun." I was disappointed at myself for ruining fun of theirs as well as mine.

I felt something dropping onto the back of my palm. Something like liquid. "We are sorry. This is all because of us. If it wasn't our over protectiveness and all, you might be fine. Oh not fine you will be still at your home not be worried about a single thing. Enjoying the moment like you should. We deeply apologize. We really do." The voice wasn't much loud. She was trying her best not to cry but seems like she just lost. Aria. I upset her. I felt like her hands were going to slip away from mine. The warmth she provided. It was about to lose. I tried my best to hold her. I felt like I couldn't.

A gasp. Aria's hand was in mine. Yes I held her back. With all my strength I held her hand. Not letting her go. I felt she moving to face me. I felt she nearing to me. Her tears were still fresh. I understood that when she kissed me on the back of my palm. I wanted to smile. "We will never leave you." Aria said barely more than a whisper. I felt tears leaving my eyes. She wiped them off and cupped my face with her free palm.

I heard the door opening. "She isn't leaving me nurse. She is fine. She is responding" Aria said with happiness enveloping her words. I gave an ensuring squeeze but I don't know if I succeeded because soon enough I slipped back to darkness.

~~~

It has been 1 and half hours after I have woken up officially. My friends narrated how their life went for a week without me. How Ruby was crying most of the time. How Akshay was trying his best to calm her down. How Aria didn't left my side unless and until it's for using washroom or doctors asked her to. How they all have stood by side to talk about what happened each day. How they were trying to make themselves and me feel less lonely. And the list continued.

I wished I could have heard what they were telling me due to the generous curiosity I had just because they said they talked hours to me about each and every thing. The fact that they didn't went to the ball just because they didn't felt right leaving me alone here broke my heart in various ways.

The nurse came back just in time they finished filling up what all I have missed. "Why did I dozed off like this Miss?" I asked the woman. "There was a small dose of chloroform in your blood, not sure how you get it other than your friends claiming a girl named Nora might have injected it. The Police is investigating due to the fact that if the dose was a bit more you could end up dead. And the things that you had to encounter earlier in life also add as a cause for your one week long sleep. You know. Loosing your loved ones can be hurtful even though we pretend to be brave." She said by changing the glucose water that was injecting into me.

"Why can't I eat food? I mean real food?" I asked, frowning. "You can eat food soon but right now this is the best way to give you energy as fast as possible." She gave a smile after completing the task and exited the room.

"You know that you tensed all of us to an extreme level while you were getting your beauty sleep, right?" Akshay questioned, trying to lighten up the situation. I smiled and replied, "oh I love worrying people sometimes." All of us laughed knowing how much truth and lie held that sentence.

"So the police. Seems like I am getting famous by every action." I said as I tried sitting. Aria was about to help me when I saw Ruby holding her back with a simple gesture of her hands. I love how she respects my individuality. One of my leg was fractured and that was the biggest injury in my body. Everyone settled around me after I had sat with my pillow as a back supporter. "Seems like" Ruby said in a low tone.

~~~

As the night falls in, the doctors thought it was a good idea for letting me go home. The only restriction they put was to not put so much force onto my leg which could be done easily considering the fact school was on winter break.

Right now I was sitting on my wheel chair which was being pushed by Aria. I was getting to home with Aria's family and Ruby due to the fact Mr and Mrs Celsia were 'busy'. As far as I know they might be making food and preparing home for a warm welcoming back. So, Busy with making food. How much I missed Mrs. Celsia's food in such short period of time!

I reached the door and I am not even exaggerating when I say I could smell different aromas of food. My stomach growled in response to which the two girls giggled. Akshay reached just behind us, and was behind us with his mouth hung open drooling for food. I slapped his back as he looked at me with a hurt expression. We chuckled at each other as we were about to open the door. It felt a little weird for letting Akshay and I get at the door but he didn't seemed to mind.

I have always been an over thinker, so...

As soon as the door was opened by Aks, party poppers were burst. I looked utterly surprised at what had happened. "What is it? My birthday?" I whispered to my friends. "Akshay's" Ruby told as she pushed me inside along with the dumbstruck Akshay, who was pushed by Aria. The place looked decorative. A bit lot decorative but who cares.

Akshay was taking in every bit of the house when I nudged him in the stomach. "Ouch" he whined. "You are taking my spotlight tonight and be grateful for that" I stated with a bit of authority in voice. He smirked while I laughed.

"Happy birthday bro" somebody interrupted us and that was someone who we four didn't knew would be part of this. We looked at Monica in surprise. She laughed as she placed the cake on the table along with a few papers. A small part of me wanted to go over and look the papers but that would be too offensive so I remained where I was. Offensive to both the people that stood there and my leg.

"Well seems like someone is changing." Ruby stated as she looked at Monica. "People can change Rubedium Celsia." Monica uttered. "But that won't be enough to trust, Monica Craters." Aria spat out at her. "Oh truly spoken Ms. Weldon" Monica spoke. They were in a staring which was broken as soon as parents came in. Aria pushed my chair towards the cake, Akshay walking along with me. Happy Birthday Akshay and Welcome Home Janet. This was written on the cake. Our eyes filled with happiness and face with smile.

But mine didn't for a long time. The paper on the table confused me. I looked at it as few words stared back at me. My eyes were glassy from the tears that filled in. I stared at them making sure they were real. I felt the staring of all the people in the room at me.

I didn't knew I was standing until I felt a sharp pain going through my left leg which made me sit. I looked up to the staring face of Mr and Mrs Celsia as my heart rate increased. I hugged Ruby who was just beside me as I whispered the words, "Thank you".