Chapter-6

I woke up extremely early on Thursday and din't felt sleepy at all. I stared at the ceiling, thinking. Thinking about whatever happened last day. Focusing on every one's expression closely. That is when I thought about Christopher and studying his features closely was stupid because he was not just happy. He was proud. I don't know, but that is the right word to describe his reaction and I really felt idiotic. Even thinking about it was idiotic because why would he be proud when all I did was giving back answers. See? It was idiotic. I twisted and turned in my bed trying to get into sleep once again since staying up will bring thoughts like this. The last thing I want to be is to fall in love. And what is the worst scenario is falling in love with the popular jock.

I realized I ain't going to fall asleep anytime sooner which is why I woke up and went to the kitchen after the morning business. I took out a bowl, carton of CocoPops and milk, settling it down on the island making my breakfast. I munched my cereal as my mind again wanders of. But what if Christopher likes me? But that sounds like Wattpad story. The school jock falling in love with a nerd. Perfect plot. Just as Ruby says. She is the one who is in love with those fictional characters like I am obsessed with Anime. I have read few of her works and they were really good. She really can be a really successful writer. The way she expresses each and every little details in her story sounds so magical. "So you are up already" I looked to wherever the sound came and looked away. It was my mother. "hmm" I said, and looking up at the clock I realized I am sitting here for more than an hour now. I quickly rushed to my room and paired up my Dark green pants with white over sized tee, green converse and a beanie. I looked at my appearance, I look fine. I rushed down stairs after taking my backpack by the time which I heard the door bell ring. Before I reached there my mom opened the door and greeted Ruby, "Good Morning Rubedium" "Good Morning Mrs. Luv" she greeted back being the good girl she is. I rolled my eyes and made it to front before they put up any more conversation. "Hey Ruby" I was panting like I was jogging for the last two hours. Thanks to my habit of packing bags the night before, I smirked to myself as we walked down the street.

We reached school and there was no Akshay or Mathew, he taught me how to pronounce his name last day and he didn't felt offended because he was used to the wrong pronunciation and forgetting his name. We went to the locker to get some stuffs and as soon as I got everything I wanted and closed the door I was shoved into it and before I could process the things I heard Ruby's scream. If they wanna hurt me they can, but that doesn't mean they can hurt my best friend. I looked why she was screaming and as I laid my eyes on one of her minions I promptly understood who was it. Monica Merlin Carters. As much as I wanted to tear her apart for hurting my best friend I can not do it remembering whose sister she was. I hold myself together trying not to scream at her like she was doing. "You. I am warning you. One more time I heard that you speak like that to anyone I will reveal the darkest chapter of your life. I promise" Yeah, that was why I tried not to talk back. I bite my tongue, holding it back and then she was interrupted. "Monica." I know that sound. I looked at the side where the sound came just to make sure it was the person I thought of. Akshay. Maybe the one who told him about her hasn't told him not to mess with her. Maybe I should really interrupt. "I am telling you, being friends with foul creatures like her is equal to giving full access to death." Monica spoke to him. Do they know each other? What are they even doing? "I don't care Monica, maybe you should go to your class before I tell dad." Did he really said dad? What is he doing? Or more like who is he? Monica stomped away and everyone was glaring at us before walking off. "I am sorry about that and are you okay?" the question was directed towards Ruby as he offered her a hand. She didn't took his hand and instead looked at me as her face covered in horror. What? Do I look horrible? "Let us take you to the nurse." Akshay spoke up and that's when blood started to drip from my head. I turned to look at the locker, nice blood stains. "We don't need your help. And by the way, who are you?" Ruby spoke up after a minute or two of silence. "I promise I will explain it later but you should really see the nurse." he gave me a worried look. I opened the locker and looked at a portable mirror I have kept in it and was amazed at the person who reflected back. It was me, of course. But it was a bloody me, literally. I decided it was better to go through some pain right now than to get it infected. I looked at Ruby and asked, "are you alright?" she nodded and I took hold of her hand.

We walked towards the nurse's office and reported myself saying I fell down. She rinsed the blood away with cold water as I winced in the pain. "She is my step sister but believe me, I would give up my right hand instead of being her relative. And I don't know what she was talking about but I do know about the word and all that stuff, so I guess it was something related to the word that most probably you have got because she was threatening you." He completed and I saw Ruby glaring at him as I let a cry out when the nurse applied an ointment. She completed it with a band aid and gave a lecture about what should I do and all. Also she asked me to come back that evening before going home so that she can re apply the ointment and give a new band aid. She is a nice woman, never asks me for a reason because she knows about all these. She also knows about the bullying and stuff but I have asked her not to tell anyone which I know she will do when she senses this is getting out of hands.

We went back to class and was greeted by Mrs. Thompson. "May I ask you why you three are late?" she asked and if I back answered her right then we three might end up in detention, some thing I clearly hate. "Well I fell down the stairs. Actually Akshay nudged me which eventually led me slipping and loosing balance. He felt guilty and came with me to make sure I was okay after seeing the blood I lost. Ruby being the best friend made sure I didn't detoured myself, putting the band aid by me and making her believe that I went to the nurse. Sorry ma'am, it was all my mistake." I ended politely and smiled at her. "Are you okay now?" She asked with an unnoticeable worry on her face. "I totally am Ma'am, thank you" I replied as she let us sit. None of her minions will say that I am lying because it will just mess up with Monica's future. Let the bullies be scared. Scared that if anyone knows what they are doing, except the 'victims', they will be screwed. Nice quote I made. I smiled to myself being proud of what I just thought.