Chapter-3

It was the day when Jay finally returned. Me, Ruby and Mrs. Celsia stayed at home decorating and cooking while Mr. Celsia promised he will return from work by 12 in the noon (an hour before Jayson arrives) and my parents in hospital with him doing some procedures and other things before Jay can be discharged.

Right now it is 10 in the morning and we have already cleaned the whole house. Mrs. Celsia has kept a chocolate cake in the oven for baking and is currently making some whipping creams while Ruby is cutting down some fruits to make smoothie for Jay. I was dusting off the tables while one picture caught my eyes. A picture of us. 6 year old Ruby, 5 year old me, baby Jayson and our parents. I took the photo in my hand and looked at all our expressions. All of us were laughing and giggling. All of us were happy. All of us were.... close. I looked at the picture and stood there as tears started to fill my eyes. Suddenly I felt a presence behind me, and keeping the picture on it's place I looked back to see the red haired girl who hasn't left my side no matter what. I am hella lucky to have her. Maybe I could change my future, maybe Jayson is right, maybe all of this was just a play or a game. Maybe all of it were happening just because people believed that the words really do mean. I shook my head and tried to be in the present. "What is the matter Jan?" Ruby asked seeing me shaking off my head out of nowhere. "Nothing" I told as I looked back to the picture. I understood that staying hear will be really just painful so I decided to leave to kitchen before which I took a glance at Rubedium. There was an expression in her face I didn't understood. Was it sadness? hatred? anger? Or was it a mixture of all three? No it wasn't. This was complete different. An emotion I have never seen on her face. 

I walked towards Mrs. Celsia as she was decorating the cake with lots of cream. She had already kept the pudding in refrigerator and there were some uncut fruits on the kitchen island. I asked her should I cut them which she politely declines saying that they should be cut in style for decoration which I totally understands. "Although" she said before being interrupted, her face breaking into a wide smile, "You can always blend the fruits" she winked. Oh yes, I always liked to make drinks. That was one of my favorite part to do in the kitchen. I smiled and went near the blender and took the fruits that were cut. There were strawberries, apples, pineapples, bananas, some avocado (as most of them were used in the pudding) and some other fruits too. I took some strawberries along with bananas, wild blueberries, red raspberries, blackberries and put them in the blender pouring 1 and a half cup of milk and a little amount of apple juice. I also added Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey and a bit of brown sugar just to make sure they are healthy and sweet. I added three to five cubes of ice and blend it smoothly until each and every bit of whatever solid was blended and everything was mixed. I poured them into a glass jar and looked at Mrs. Celsia looking at me proudly. I smiled. I made a few more smoothies by blending together whatever fruits were available there which resulted in some good and healthy smoothies that I was proud of. I didn't realized it was already 12 until Mr. Celsia rang the calling bell to our house. As I looked up on the clock I realized I was a bit mistaken and it was only 11:45 but being pretty close to 12 I didn't really gave a damn. Me and Ruby took a break and sat on the couch without ruining our hard work which took about 2 to 3 hours. Cleaning the house is really a challenge, will take too much of time when we look for perfection.

We slowly got adjusted with the perfection and laid down thinking about the older times. When things were simple. "Why isn't my parents not telling what is the disease my brother has?" I wondered out loud as Ruby laid a bit more comfortably. "Maybe" She started to tell, "maybe it is a really bad scenario or.." She stopped thinking of a more positive outcome. "Or?" I asked, impatiently like she is someone who holds the truth. "Or it will be something we don't understand." She completed giving a nervous look to me. "Sis, you really know nothing about the disease do you?" I asked in a hopeless tone. I know she doesn't knows but just wanna make sure, right? "Why do you even think like that?" She asked. And I said pretending to think, "Oh Maybe because you are the Hermione Granger of the town" We stared at each other for a minute before Ruby spoke out "Stop! Stop! Stop! You're going to take someone's eye out! Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's LeviOsa, not LevioSA." We both laughed before I stopped and took a mean face to say "this class is ridiculous" And we burst out laughing like we have said the most funniest things all the worlds have ever heard.

"Wait. Wait. Wait. You called me Hermione Granger which means you think I look cute, beautiful and I am lovable and clever." Ruby told after a long time of us just laughing. I facepalmed. This girl, I thought. "And as you know I ship her with Pansy." She told, clearly knowing that it will piss me off. "You can't ship her with Pansy. She is meann" I said, making a really annoying face. "But we never heard her part of the story" She told putting the best puppy eyes. "But she tried stealing Draco who really should marry Harry but instead married a woman." I said giving some dramatic hand movements. "Ughh...." We said in unison and again burst out laughing. "Girls, it is going to be 1 pm soon. You guys ready to welcome your brother?" It was Ruby's father who talked and we both nodded our heads before saying a loud, strong "YESSS" together. Mr. Celsia laughed at our reaction and shooed us away to help his wife carry some food on to the dining table. We ran towards Mrs. Celsia and took whatever we got in our hands and kept them in the dining table in a good way. Everything was set and the only thing left was Jayson. There was small pain in my chest when I thought about him. What if they got in an accident? What if something bad has happened to them? I cringed at the thought itself.

The clock ticked 1 and I looked towards the door. No calling bell, no cars screeching. My heart thumped hard. The rest of the family clearly saw the tension in my face because Mrs. Celsia started to comfort me, "Don't worry dear, the procedures might took some time. "Or there might be traffic" Mr. Celsia supported his wife. I nodded. They can be right. But there are possibilities for them to be wrong too. I entangled my fingers and squeezed them. Everything is going to be alright. I told myself.