Chapter-5

It has been all okay for 3 days now which actually scares me. My life will never be good, only okay because there will be constant bullying everyday which I am quite used to. It was Wednesday morning and Jay is still staying home which he doesn't even likes. I walked over to Ruby's house to get to school with her. As soon as I rang the bell the door opened but I was invited by an unfamiliar face. I took in his features fastly, thanks to my constant doings which made me an expert in that field, and realized he has the same eyes and face cut of Ruby. Well I know nothing about any lost brothers of hers. Wait does she have any lost brothers? "Can I help you?" he asked and suddenly I stopped thinking. "Well, yes. Mind calling Rubedium?" I requested and he did called her. "Ruby, some one is here looking for you." I heard her running from upstairs and called out. "It is me. We are already late" "Woohoo. I am here. Bye cuz." She told and rushed outside closing the door behind her. "Who is that?" I asked after a minute of walking. "That is my cousin. From mother's side. The reason why we look a bit same." She knows me too well. "So that is your mother's twin's son?" I asked for more clarification. "Yes, 15 years old, Damon, I call him Dammy, joining as a sophomore, of course yes duh." She said with a smile. "Word is Happy. And, oh, he is single" she said, ending with a wink and nudging me. She and her shipping. "You know that I ain't interested." I said with a smile. "Okay whatever. Hey, you did the English home work didn't ya?" She said quickly changing the subject even though she knows I have. "What about tutoring the Indian boy?" I said smiling and nudging her. She blushed. Aww. And after all she is the one with a crush.

At last after a 15 minute walk we reached school and was greeted by 'the boy whose name starts with A', sorry but their names are hard to pronounce and to remember, asking some weird stupid questions. Seems to me that he is trying to just get her attention by acting like he is not good at Chemistry. Boys are really stupid and girl who are in love are damn stupid. I thought looking at the couple. Oh I din't meant couple but I really do ship them. And I really do feel sad for him. No one is allowed to talk about the word to anyone outside the country and if anyone did, the person who knows will be forced to marry and live here or the government will execute them. How cruel, I know! But I am also glad. If they ever marry, he is one lucky person to have a gem like Rubedium in his life. I smiled at the thought as we walked towards our first class. So far so good. No bullies, no comments. Hope that the morning will be good after all. The smile on my face grew when some one decided to ruin it for me. I looked up at the person who I bumped into. Christopher Din Stone. Just like his surname he has a heart of stone. Coincidence? I think that he was destined to have a stone in his name. "Watch where you are going nerd" Please don't make my life tragic by beating his handsome face into pulp and getting myself expelled. Please. I pleaded to myself but I knew I will not regret if I do that though. "If you didn't wanna touch me you could have just moved" Oh I din't said that out loud but seeing the faces of his minions it seems like I have. "BOOM" that was Ruby who spoke and we got out of there. But I caught a glance of his face and he was...... smiling? But I thought I won't live another second after roasting him. Hmm, anyways that felt good. I broaden my chest and walked into Chemistry class. We are the first ones. No wonder. We settled down and soon enough the second bell rang as all the students came rushing in. Good.

The rest of the day went with no interruptions from other students. Nice. But that was only till the blonde Brianna, the one who calls herself the Queen Bee and craves for Christopher's attention, heckled me during lunch. "If I were you I would have watched my back." I quickly suggested after seeing who have joined in for our conversation that Brianna has not noticed yet. "Maybe you should watch your side." She quickly looked to her left and then to right when she saw Christopher and quickly scoots away from there. Good. As I began to walk Christopher stood in front of me. Okay now what?. "May I help you?" I asked, irritation enrobed in my words. "I am just staying in the line." he said casually. I looked to the side he was now facing and frowned. The person who has never stood in a line is now standing in one and that too with whole of his gang making a huge line. Great. Just great. "If you will just give us some space and let us through.." he broke me off, "How can I trust you? Maybe you should go to the back of the line and cut through" That is impossible as the line is just getting larger with all those who are in favor or scared of him. Okay, maybe not impossible but it is just a waste of time. I mentally facepalmed for what I have done earlier. I took a deep breath and Ruby was holding my hand tightly. Good, I thought as a plan got made in my head. I let her hold my hand and squeeze it as she was making a mental conversation asking me to come with her. I thought  that she was braver than me but, oh child, how the tables turned. I smirked to myself and rushed to the other side pushing past him which felt so easy because seems like he didn't expected me to do it. I reached the other side which was kind of empty since most of the students were in the line. We quickly seated in one of the tables with the Indian boy and Mathew (a half French) and I turned to face Chris. He looked annoyed and I liked it being honest. I called out making sure he can hear me, "Chris, maybe you should use that brain of yours sometimes." I ended it by sticking my tongue out and turned to face my fellow table mates. Every one looked stunned. "What? Didn't expected me to pull a stunt like that, huh?" I asked, being proud of what I have done and sat with hands behind my head. Most of the anime characters I like does that, I thought why not? "Well no one dares to talk back to him and only ones who have dared were some boys who had severe injuries the next day and now you. You din't talked back to him once, but twice. You are one of a kind buddy." It was Mathew who spoke and I gleamed in proud. "I know right." I know that too well, no need to remind me. Ruby kept one hand on mine and no matter how much I try to hide she will understand the slightest change in energy. Sometimes it is a boon, sometimes it is a bane.

"Just tell me.." It was Ruby and she had a sad face. A part of me knew that she was alright but another one was worried and my face looked alerted as well as Mathew's. The Indian boy, he looked worried. "Tell me who you are and what you have done to Janet?" Ruby completed the sentence and we all burst out laughing. Everyone, who now have settled down, looked at us as we are mad but who cares. Everything went good after that and no one even dared to come close to us and Christopher steal glances at us, no me each and every time we are in an eye distance. What is with this boy? If he is angry enough to beat me up, just kill me. At least everyone will say the popular jock was taken aback due to how I talked back to him and I will be glad to be the role model of all the kids who gets bullied. Seems like Jay passed the positivity check to me. Cool.