Chapter-23

I woke up the next day in my pajamas. What a weird dream. I woke up tired than usual. "That must be a coincidence " I thought out loud. There on the floor lays the camo pants from the dream. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and opened. They were still there. "Seems like somebody thinks those were all just dreams" I looked at Ruby. "Woah woah, you really think they were just dreams" she looked at me unbelievably. "But the magic and all those crazy stuffs, they can't be true." "Why?" "Because.... because they simply can't be." I said clearly annoyed. She said no more and walked off the room. I sat there trying to process everything. The enchantress, her brothers, what they said. All those are true? I must be going insane.

We went to the school in identical brown jeans, me wearing a white shirt over it while Ruby was wearing a black turtleneck shirt. I styled my hair into a high ponytail and Ruby split hers into two ponytails. We wore our sneakers and rushed towards the school to see an already waiting Aria. "Oh she is still in shock, thinks that was all just a dream" Ruby replied, the last part being a whisper, to the shock Aria's face held.

The first bell rang. Still Akshay hasn't reached. We walked hand in hand towards the classroom and settled down. After few minutes Monica entered the class with her little minions. She looked to our side. Her eyes grew wider as each seconds passed. She stomped towards us and directly to my face she spoke. No let me correct myself, shouted "where is my brother and what have you done to him?" "If you care about him so much why didn't you check if he left for school before you came here?" I spit back at her in low voice.

Two people snickered. The only two who doesn't care about Monica and doesn't give a damn about her attitude. One, my dearest friend Aria. Two, my beloved bully Christopher. Monica looked to her back with a disgusted face and walked over to Aria who was sitting just to my left.

"Aria, I remember how much lucky you were before. But now I pity you. Pity you because your death is so near. You know how her parents died? It wasn't just a stupid car accident. They died because of her. And you know, she is just a mistake." There was a loud shriek from one of the girls. Whole class looked towards there. A large fire in the shape of a snake slithered through air to us. A fire that has a shape of cobra, to be specific. It broaden its hood and was about to attack Monica when a reflex action in me made me hop in front of Monica. I shield myself with my hand and I know that was something stupid to do but at that moment that was the right thing I felt doing. I waited for few seconds. And I started to feel coolness instead of the extreme heat ness of the fire. And that was spine chilling coldness. I opened my eyes to see the fire cobra has changed to an ice one. I stared at the magic that happened right in front of my eyes. Well not literally, but still.

"Students please get to room number 17" none of us realized Mrs. Jewel was present in the class until her voice spoke. All of the students in the class were panicked except we four as we knew what this was. Aria took hold of my hand and dragged me through the student filled corridors with Ruby and Akshay tailing behind us. Her grip was so tight that I knew it would leave a mark on my wrist. She left me when we reached a deserted corridor. I rubbed the place she had held on. And looking at it, there was a broad scarlet red mark.

Aria was mumbling something under breath while walking pace and forth. Ruby was clearly working something out in her mind while Akshay stood next to me feeling sympathetic.

"You should have let me do that" Aria growled.

"Le.. Let you do what?" I stuttered.

"To kill her, you dumb head." She sounded pretty serious in that.

"Yes. You produced the fire. And I didn't produce the ice, neither did Akshay so that means either one of you might have done that." Ruby figured it out. "And as per what I have understood, it could be you." She pointed at me.