Chapter-8

I woke up in the twilight's awakening to find myself laying on the ground, holding myself tightly. My skin was moisturized by the dried tears of yesterday. I sat in what they call Indian style, but I like to say as cross legged, as I remembered yesterday's events. That is when something struck in my head. Jayson. I forgot about him in my own worries. I quickly walked out and considering it as morning I checked in parent's room. They were sleeping peacefully. Good. I closed the door quietly as a wave of disappointment washed over me. They didn't cared if I was safe or did I ate. I walked towards the living room after taking an apple from the refrigerator and settled myself in the couch. I was half laying, thinking about all the dramas when I heard a knock. I stood straight and again listened. Second knock. I went near the door and looked through the peep hole. It was Mathew. I quickly opened the door and he looked worried. "Can you come with me? Like right now?" I was too scared of what had happened that I jumped into the car that Ruby's cousin was driving, what was his name? Damon? Before abandoning the house I managed to write a note saying Be right Back, not sure if they knew I was even there. Damon rode the car fastly, as I clutched my hands onto the seat belt. Quickly my mind wandered off. What if it has to do something with Ruby? What if she is hurt? What if they never let me see her one more time? My heart thumped against my chest as we rushed inside the hospital. We went to a waiting room kind of thing. There was Mr. Celsia, Akshay and Ruby. So Mrs. Celsia.... Oh my... "Why am I here?" I asked, trying to ease my nerves. "Well, Mrs. Celsia needs blood. And as you might know she has AB- which is a rare blood group and the first person came in our mind was you" Well that explains. There are only few people known to have this blood group. But me? "But..." Everyone's eyes shot at me. "I can't donate the blood. I am just 12 years of age and to the fullest of my knowledge one should be minimum 17 years to donate blood." "For general blood supply yes. But if you are healthy and has no disagreement to donate the blood, there is no problem." Mathew reasoned and I nodded. I looked at Ruby, her eyes had red colored bags which showed her extreme crying. I can't bear that sight. Her nose was rose in color and her lips have started to bleed which indicated that she has been biting them for so long.

"Where to go?" I asked as Mathew took hold of my hand leading towards the doctor's cabin. He asked a few questions and made me sign a few documents after making sure I was mentally and biologically stable and that I am still willing to donate blood. I was laid in a bed, attaching my wrist and a bag with a pipe. The inserting of the needle was a bit hurting but it was quickly over. I waited for that bag to fill in but before that happened I drifted into sleep.

When I woke up I was surrounded by puffy eyes Ruby, two smiling Akshay and Mathew and one calm looking Damon. I looked to my wrist which was a few minutes ago attached to the blood sucking bag which was now replaced by a bag now with a liquid which I assume is glucose. I smiled. "How is she?" I asked. "She is fine" Damon replied. Good, I thought. Suddenly I was being hugged by as red as her name Ruby. "I am sorry Jan." She sobbed into my shoulder and I tried soothing her with my needle free hand. She pulled out of the hug and said, still sobbing "You should hate me by now. But you still helped me anyways. You saved my mom's life. You rescued us from a major loss" I sighed, one of the primary things I am going to do after getting out of this hospital will be buying Ruby a drama free book. "Hey sissy. I would never hate you. I know that spawn of Hell Monica can inject her evilness into anyone, especially you considering how good you are." I said smiling which she gladly returned. We hugged a more friendlier one and the way her heart beat as decreased, I can say she is glad that I don't hate her.

The door opened to reveal a nurse with a bright smile on her face. "How you feeling young lady?" She asked in a sweet tone. "Good" I replied. "You can escape this bed in half an hour's time, or earlier if you don't mind.." "Oh please" I said in a more excited way than I intended. With a giggle, she increased the speed of the glucose bottle and the drips starts to fall quickly as she left. The four people who stood here in the room where asked to call a nurse when the glucose liquid is in some level and no nurses where present there. After a good talk with each other a nurse interrupted us and few minutes later she detached the needle and I was asked to rub the place with a cotton ball that they provided. Detaching the needle came with a small pain but as soon as I started to rub the cotton ball I felt alright. After a minute or so of rubbing the nurse replaced the spot with a band aid and I was allowed to leave the bed. I quickly got up which made me dizzy, so I sat down and after a few seconds I stood up and walked outside. I was greeted by my parents, Jayson and Mr. Celsia. Damon, Mathew, Akshay, Ruby and I were allowed to get out and eat some food. We drove, jamming to some cool songs, and ended up in the drive thru of Starbucks. We ordered two iced lattes (one with milk), one iced shaken lemon tea, one caramel frappuccino and one chocolate frappuccino and Damon payed for the drinks which I gladly accepted, something my parents won't do but what to say, I never say no to free food. When we finished our drinks we reached a restaurant named  Pastacious, a hotel that provides varieties in Pasta, and got in. We settled ourselves in a table and ordered for a white sauce pasta, mac n' cheese, spaghetti meatball and Mathew and Akshay opting the cheapest dish on the menu which was Lasagne. Damon frowned and said "Not Lasagne, I will order something else for you two. Uhm... Uhhh... Yes. One Shrimp and pesto pasta and one spaghetti bolognese please." we enjoyed our brunch and took a spaghetti napolitan as parcel for Jay, as instructed by mother. We drove back to hospital and handed over the parcel to dad and he drove off along with mom and Jay. Sometimes I can't believe my own family. Celsia family was with us when Jay was in hospital and now they are leaving like this? Wow. These things make me speechless.

We all stayed till evening in the hospital before leaving back home. Mr. Kaur, Akshay's father, visited us and brought us some Indian sweets that they had in their house as Akshay chatted with his dad for a little time. They returned and asked something to Mr. Celsia which he gladly accepted. A few hours after Mr. Kaur's departure Mr. and Mrs. Clair, Mathew's parents, came. His mother was a young lady with brown hair and blue eyes. Mathew might have inherited his eyes from his mother, but he looked lot like his dad considering the blonde hair, fair skin and the right amount of freckles they shared. He looked liked 2012 Niall Horan but not that cute. "So the girl who never falls in love is going to fancy a half French?" Ruby interrupted my thoughts. I wonder if this girl can read minds. "I was comparing him with Niall Horan. But he isn't as cute as N" Ruby let out a small chuckle which she quickly covered as a yawn and waved at the Clair family who looked at us. They discussed something with Mr. Celsia which he agreed quietly and made a phone call to someone as soon as they left. Something is going on, damn sure.

After two or three hours, the suspense was broke. We were all going to Mathew's house. Different house, different room and probably different food. Yes! I thought. Mrs. Celsia needed to stay in the hospital for the day and can be discharged tomorrow. We waited impatiently for Mr. Clair to pick us up and when he came back to do so, we were so excited. We were greeted home with some fine Cheese French toasts. On the way back here we girls sprinted my house looking for some good shorts and shirts while Akshay was promised to be provided with Mathew's. This is going to be some good day or more like eve. I thought to myself as we were shown the guest room where Ruby and me be sleeping for the night.