Truely

Veteran stared at Captain, love swelling in his heart. He truly did love Captain. Even if he was a bit annoying at times.

Veteran doesn't know how he fell for Captain. He used to hate Captain, especially after the incedent. However, they have been getting along alot better.

Veteran was snapped out of his thoughts when he realized Captain was waving a hand in front of his face. "W-What?" Veteran asked.

"Are you okay? You've been spacing out and your face is really red..." Captain asks, concerned frown striking his features.

"I-I'm good but thank you!" Veteran replied. Captain gives a disbelieving look and puts a hand on his forehead, which was warm due to his flush.

"You could have told me you were unwell... Go back to bed." Captain said. Veteran just shook his head.

"I feel fine. I promise." Veteran reassures. Captain, however, was already dragging him to bed.

"No. Please rest. You felt warm." Captain said.

"I'm. Fine." Veteran says, annoyed.

"Then why were you flushing so bad? And why are you flushing now?" Captain asks, waiting for and answer.

Veteran mumbled something in response, but Captain couldn't hear. "A little louder?" Captain asked.

"Because... I kind of, uh, like you. More than friends wise." Veteran repeated. "I love you."

"... I... I love you too..." Captain replied, face burning. "I... have loved you for awhile."

"I've been crushing on you for a few months..." Veteran says. He hugs Captain, much to Captains pleasant surprise.

Captain feels his face burn even more. He sunk into the hug, feeling the warmth of Veteran. It was oddly pleasant.

Veteran holds him close and rubs his back. They sink to the ground as Veteran held Captain. Captain places his head on Veteran's chest.

"I love you so much... I'm glad we can be together." Captain eventually says, breaking the comfortable silence. He leans against Veteran.

"I am as well. You are dear to my heart..." Veteran says. "You are lovably dumb."

"Heeeeeey!" Captain complains, playfully elbowing Veteran. Veteran playfully nudges him back and they both go back and forth.

They go on and on until they broke into laughter. Captain looks at him and cuddles close to him, still laughing.

"You truly are my dearest..." Captain says. He ruffles Veteran's hair and they go for another round of playful insults and arguments. However, it is clear that the words had no malicious intent.

Veteran huffs in playful anger "I hate you."

"You love me." Captain replies, grinning.

"Damn right. Now.... Uh.... Fuck I forgot what I was about to say-" Veteran says, looking annoyed. Captain kisses him and his eyes widen as he kisses back.

Veteran pulls away and then kisses him again. He plays with Captain's hair and holds him close. Captain playfully boops him on the nose.

Veteran boops back and they have a war. They break into laughter again and Captain gets up, carrying Veteran with him.

Veteran yawns, falling asleep in Captains arms, happily mumbling away. Captain feels the warmth in his face as he sets Veteran down and cuddles him once more.

I truly love him, Captain thought, And I always will.