But For Now

"Dude... Are you okay? You... Seem off." Veteran asks, holding one of Player's hands. "I'm here for you."

"I.... I'm just tired of losing all the time. It feels like I can't do anything right." Player said, looking off to the side. He sighs.

"You can do things right. You are not a failure. Stop placing your self worth on winning." Veteran advises and holds Player's other hand.

"How did you know-"

"I know you." Veteran replied. Player sinks into the touch and leans on Veteran's chest. Veteran smiles sadly.

"I love you, Vetrabbit." Player whispers. "You make me feel like I'm worth something."

"You ARE worth something." Veteran says, hugging Player even closer. He felt sad for Player, empathy rushing in his heart. He could feel the pain.

Player just looks at him, pained look in his eyes. Veteran's eyes widened and he felt heartbroken. His boyfriend wss in so much pain.

"You are worth so, so much." Veteran says. Player shakes his head and Veteran frowns. Player has tears streaming down his face. Player was in pain.

"Player... You have always meant alot..." Veteran smiles gently at Player and kisses his forehead.

"I love you..." Player says quietly. He looks down and Veteran pulls him in for a kiss. Player makes a flustered noise and kisses back.

They pull away and cuddle closer, sinking onto the ground. Veteran kisses Player again. Veteran pulls away and looks at him, gently wiping his tears. "I love you too...."

"I just want t-to do things right... I feel useless..." Player says quietly and looking away again. He curls.

"You aren't useless." Veteran says sternly. Player looks at him, knowing Veteran was being serious. "You are useful to all of us. You are more than what you think."

"B-But-"

"But no. You are not useless. Even if you struggle with tasks." Veteran says. He pulls Player into a tighter hug. Player takes in Veteran's earthy scent.

"Thanks... That means a lot to me..." Player says quietly. "I love you."

"I know. I love you too." Veteran says. He nuzzles Player gently, kissing him tenderly on the cheek, not caring about the salty taste of tears.

Veteran starts to list off things that are good about Player, causing him to start crying silently. "You are kind hearted and deserve to be happy. You deserve the fucking world."

"I- I do? I feel... Worthless..." Player whispers, looking away again.

"You are NOT worthless." Veteran says, pulling Player even closer to him. "Stop placing your worth on winning."

Player stayed quiet in Veteran's arms. He takes in the soothing sound of Veteran's heartbeat, their soft breaths filling the room.

Veteran ran a hand through Player's hair. Player becomes more and more tired. The silence is comfortable.

This goes on for awhile until Player starts to snore quietly. Player looked rather peaceful, a sleepy tearstained smile across his lips.

Veteran admired Player for awhile before pulling him closer. Maybe someday Player will see worth in himself. Maybe someday Player will see his usefulness. Just maybe, he will finally have the slightest bit of self esteem.

But for now, he just wanted to keep Player happy. He wanted to hold Player and keep his warmth. He wipes the tears off of Player and himself. Player mumbles in his sleep.

Veteran smiles tenderly at Player. He loved him, so, so much. Player lets out a sleepy sigh. Veteran spoons him from behind. He nuzzles Player on the top of his head. "I love you so much..."

And soon Veteran fell asleep himself, letting out a sigh.