Tension

Cw- Cigarette use, Alcohol use, discussion of suicide and mental health issues, car accident, arguments and unintentional ableism via bad wording. Don't read if this triggers you, be safe :}

TheGentleman looked to Mr. Cheese as he lit a cigarette. It was a damp night and the two have been out on the town for a few hours. Mr. Cheese was obviously drunk, face red and speech slurred.

"My name missuh... Cheese!" Mr. Cheese slurred, putting a hand on TheGentleman's shoulder. TheGentleman made a soft noise in response and slightly shied away from the touch.

"Er... Perhaps you should sober up a bit, chap." TheGentleman pointed out, blushing as his associate hugged him, leading him to the car, him sighing as his cigarette dropped to the ground.

"Nevuhhhh...!" Mr. Cheese got into the driver's seat and tried to start up the car. TheGentleman quickly yoinked the keys.

"No, you are NOT driving! You could get yourself killed!" TheGentleman sighed, lifting Mr. Cheese and setting him in the passenger seat. "Come on, I'll take you home."

Mr. Cheese pouted and got in the passenger seat, looking out the window. He hiccuped. "Why d'you care?"

"What do you mean by that?" TheGentleman rolled down the window and lit another cigarette.

"Dunno...! Also you... You said you'd stop with that! That's... So unhealthy and dangerous...!" Mr. Cheese scolded, referring to the cigarette. "Y'know why we call em cancer sticks!"

TheGentleman let out a sigh. "We'll talk when you're sober." He groaned and started to drive, letting his mind wander. Unfortunately, this causes him to miss something important, that being a puddle. The car hydroplaned, losing quite a lot of control.

"Oh good heavens!" TheGentleman screams, as the car goes off the road due to his lack of control. Mr. Cheese was crying and TheGentleman finally managed to stop the car, slamming on the breaks. "Are you alright?"

"No..." Mr. Cheese cried, hugging TheGentleman. "I'm scared!" TheGentleman unbuckled, checking Mr. Cheese for injuries, smiling when he didn't find any. He hugs Mr. Cheese, taking him into his arms.

"I love you."

"I love you too... But I wanna go home, Gentleman..." Mr. Cheese was shaking, scared. He could have lost TheGentleman and he knew it.

"Very well, then." TheGentleman makes sure the both of them were buckled and started to drive home again after getting the car on the road. "I love you beanie boy."

"I love you too, Gentie...!"

The drive home was a bit happier after that incedent and TheGentleman got Mr. Cheese to bed, hoping to sober him up. He sighed very softly, mentally preparing for the talk that was going to happen the next day. He knew it was going to be a tough one.

Soon enough, night turns into day. With that, Mr. Cheese woke with a pounding headache, groaning. "Why won't the lights shut up...?" He sighed and smiled as TheGentleman dimmed the light. "Oh... You're so sweet..."

"You aren't going to think that for too long. We need to talk." TheGentleman says.

Mr. Cheese's somewhat happy mood dimmed, much like the light did. "Wh... What? What do you mean Gentleman...?"

"Last night. Why were you so surprised I cared, babe...? You could have gotten killed...!" TheGentleman frets, adjusting his top hats and making a stressed out sound.

"What...?"

TheGentleman explained what happened between stressed pauses and deep breaths that were attempts to calm down.

"I... I'm surprised people care... Even when I don't..."

"Mr. Cheese..."

"What?!" Mr. Cheese growled, going up to TheGentleman. "Are you mad your perfect cheesy boy isn't perfect anymore?!"

"I-"

"No! It's like you expect me to be perfect! Do you actually care?! Like about me?!" Mr. Cheese snapped.

"I do-" TheGentleman choked on a sob. "I care about you! What- What am I doing wrong!"

"You always get mad at me for the stupidest of shit! For the stuff that makes me, me! It's like you want to mold me into you!" Mr. Cheese yelled, getting to the point he was almost in TheGentlemans face.

"I- I'm... I'm sorry. I didn't realize..." TheGentleman looked down.

"You never do!" Mr. Cheese yelled.

"I'm sorry... I'll try harder..." TheGentleman was trying to take deep breaks.

"God, you sound so guilt trippy!"

"LET ME SPEAK, FOR HEAVENS SAKE!" TheGentleman raised his voice for the first time in a long time. Mr. Cheese flinched like a kicked puppy and ran from the room. TheGentleman fell down in tears.

"No... Nonono... Bad TheGentleman..." TheGentleman mumbled, pacing back and forth. "I wish... Wish I could express... Express me..." He lets out a series of strangled noises as he breaks down. "Express... Express..." 

The breakdown lasted awhile, with Mr. Cheese coming into the room again.

"Love... I'm sorry... That was uncalled for... I shouldn't have taken out my insecurities on you... I'm sorry babe..." Mr. Cheese went to his sobbing boyfriend, hugging him close. "I love you... I shouldn't have said that..."

"No... You'right..." TheGentleman mumbled. He whimpers and sobbed. "Need... Be better..."

"Shh... Shh you don't have to speak. I was wrong for blowing up on your concern. That was wrong of me. I was just trying to cover up fear. I wanted to hide it, but I hurt you instead." Mr. Cheese explains, carrying him to bed. TheGentleman whimpers and sniffled.

"Wanna be better..." TheGentleman sniffled.

"You are good enough. I was being rude. Yes, a lot of the time you miss when you make me sad, but I should communicate that. I'm so so sorry..."

TheGentleman wiped his tears. "Please do... Wanna make you happy... You seem so... Depressed."

"I am in a rough spot, but that doesn't excuse my actions towards you today." Mr. Cheese says. "I felt so... Vulnerable and I snapped. I promise to tell you before I snap like that again."

"Thank you... I'll try to listen. I know my rough wording can hurt. My speech pattern makes people think I don't care..."

Mr. Cheese facepalmed. "I can't believe I got mad at you for an Autistic trait. I'm so sorry. That was me being a total moron."

"It's okay..."

"No no, that was really ableist of me." Mr. Cheese said. "Especially being upset at you and expecting you to read my mind. That's really stupid and I should have known better. Just because I'm hyperempathetic doesn't mean I should expect every other Autistic to be that either. That was poor wording of me. My sorrys."

"I forgive you." TheGentleman says softly.

"Thank you." Mr. Cheese kissed his cheek and hugged him close. "I love you."

"I love you too." TheGentleman hugged Mr. Cheese, relived that the long needed talk was now over.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jul 31, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Among Us Logic One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें