"(Take my jacket.)"

A/N; Without including the authors note, this fic is 1234 words long. Also, Ninja's words are in parenthasis, meaning he is speaking Japanese.

Bro looks to his friend, who was leaning against his side. It was a beautiful night on Polus and the sky was shimmering with stars.

Bro brings Ninja, said friend, closer to him. His breath was seen in the cold of the night. They both were just outside base. Bro shivered, Ninja snapping to attention at this.

"(Ah, are you cold?)" Ninja asks, softly wrapping his arms around Bro. Bro nods, his face going a rosy crimson. Ninja frowned at this, feeling Bro's forehead.

"I'm cold... But I'll be okay dude!" Bro says, patting Ninja on the back. He tried to ignore the burning feelings for Ninja, feeling his ears burn. Fuck, I can't have feelings for him...

"(You are cold. Please take my jacket, Bro.)" Ninja says, frowning at the shivering Bro.

Bro shakes his head. "Dude, no. I'm not taking your jacket. You need it." He didn't want his friend cold due to his own dumb mistakes. Another shiver goes down his spine and a cold gust of wind made him make an uncomfortable noise. He rubs his hands, now burning from the cold together, desperately trying to warm them.

"(We need to get you inside.)" Ninja says, beginning to lead Bro back to base. Bro continues to shake like a leaf.

"I'll be okay..." Bro says quietly. Ninja made a 'nu-uh' type noise and led him into their shared room. Bro immediately curls up.

"(Bro, you need to get warmed up...)" Ninja looks around, soon bringing a soft blanket from the closet and wrapping Bro in it. Bro sniffles quietly, curling up even more.

Ninja sighs, shaking his head a little. "(You could have made yourself sick and that would be terrible.)" He was worried, trying to suppress going off and on his tippy-toes.

Bro feels a pang of sadness. It really hurt, thinking Ninja was mad at him. He bites his inner cheek to stop himself from thinking about that possibility, instead looking down and uttering a soft apology.

Ninja looks to Bro, going over and bringing him into a hug. "(Bro, I'm not mad at you.)"

"Y-You aren't...?" Bro asks smally. Ninja gave a worried-sad look. Bro wasn't normally like this.

"(No. Now try and get some sleep. It's late and I don't want you sick.)" Ninja says, tucking Bro into his bed. Bro tries to fight the sleep, but giving in. He closes his eyes and falls asleep, shivering. "(Sleep well.)"

Ninja decided to read for awhile before closing the book and going into the top bunk, falling asleep almost instantly. The night goes by smoothly.

The morning, however, didn't go the same way. Bro woke up, groaning as his joints ache. He coughs quietly, making a soft pain noise afterwards.

Ninja had already been awake for a little while, going down near Bro. "(You don't look well.)"

"I feel like a pile of dog shit that was lit on fire and thrown into the dumpster," Bro croaked, making another soft pain noise. Ninja laid the back of his hand on Bro's forehead.

"(No wonder you feel so bad. You are sick, Bro.)" Ninja frowned with worry, adjusting Bro's blankets.

Bro looked down. "God fucking damnit. I'm sorry..." He whispers, not necessarily wanting to speak. His throat hurt.

"(Hey, don't apologize. I want you to get better because I love you.)" Ninja says gently, moving hair out of Bro's eyes.

Bro looked up, surprised at Ninja. He points toward himself. "Me...?"

Ninja nods. "(Yeah. I love you. I have for awhile... I didn't mean for that to slip out.)"

Bro smiled shakily and made a heart shape with his hands. "Love'uu too... An' I have for awhile too..."

Ninja smiles. "(How about I make you some soup and we can talk over that? You need nutrition and probably want something warm.)"

Bro nods. "Tha' sounds nice... Thank'uu..." He yawns.

"(You can nap while I make you soup. Rest up, Bro.)" Ninja said, kissing his forehead and leaving the room for awhile.

An hour later, he comes back to a sleeping Bro. Ninja chuckles, leaving the thermos of soup to the side. Bro makes a soft noise and sits up.

Ninja smiles, giving the thermos to Bro. "(Drink it. I made your favorite.)"

Bro takes little sips of the soup. "This feels nice... Thank you." He noticed his throat didn't feel as bad anymore.

"(Of course.)" Ninja kissed Bro on the forehead.

"So... Are we boyfriends?" Bro asks quietly, taking another sip of his soup.

Ninja nodded. "(If you to be my boyfriend, I'll be yours.)"

Bro smiles. "That's amazing... I'm glad you love me. Never expected that. Feels weird dating a person I actually love instead of dating to please my parents. Never really liked women y'know?"

"(Ah, I understand...)" Ninja kissed Bro on the side of the head.

Bro yawns. "(I... L-Love you...)" The Japanese was badly pronounced but Ninja felt his heart melt at the attempt.

"I... Love- Love y-you too..." Ninja replied, attempting to speak in English. He was rather unconfident at it, much preferring to speak in Japanese. Bro smiled wide.

"Thank you for making being sick be bearable," Bro mumbled, yawning again.

"(Of course. I want you comfortable.)" Ninja says, gently wiping sweat off of Bro's forehead with a slightly damp rag. "(I think your fever is going down. I think you should feel better by tomorrow.)" Ninja smiles softly.

"Thank fuck!" Bro replied, coughing lightly again. "Being sick can suck my ass."

Ninja giggled. "(Oh, Bro...)" He booped Bro on the nose, causing him to squeak and lightly grumble. "(Cute.)"

Bro flushed. "No. I'm not cute. I'm manly as fuck!" His voice cracked in the middle of that. Ninja smiled wide.

"(You can be manly and cute. You are both and I love you very much.)" Ninja softly hugged Bro and Bro yawns. "(Now try to rest some more, alright? I want you better.)"

Bro lightly smiles, feeling much better with Ninja. Ninja was there and he was warm and comfortable. Maybe sleep won't hurt me... Ninja was right. Bro curled up in the bed and drifted off once more.

The next morning, Bro woke up feeling much better. He looks to his side to see Ninja, smiling wide. His dream came true yesterday and he was so glad it wasn't just a dream anymore.

Bro slips into Ninja's arms. He was quite comfortable there. He nuzzles, desperately wanting the cuddles. He coughs quietly and in the process wakes up Ninja.

"(Feeling any better, Bro?)" Ninja asks, sitting up with Bro in his arms.

"Yeah! I want to go outside or do something later!" Bro smiled, having his signature energy back. He pecks Ninja on the lips.

"(I say you take it easy. Don't push yourself too hard.)" Ninja says worriedly, kissing Bro's forehead.

"Dude, I'm fine," Bro replied, grinning happily.

"(Still. You just got over being sick. You need to rest more. We can go on a walk, but I don't want you to get sick again because of pushing yourself to hard.)" Ninja was still worried for Bro.

Bro smiles. "Alright, just for you."

Ninja smiled, hugging Bro close. "(And besides, I want to cuddle you.)"

Bro laughs. "Of course there was another reason!"

Ninja flushed. "(Shut!)" He squeaks this, causing Bro to laugh harder.

"Dude, I love you so much."

"(Love you too...)"