Cell Cat

A/N: Sorry it's so short!

It was around three in the morning, and Engineer was in his lab, doing an experiment. He grins, pouring the last bit of his chemical mixture into the petre dish.

To his delight, the cells began to divide rapidly, before stopping. He leaves the room, using something on the microscope to record the cells as they divided.

A few moments later, a mewl was heard from his lab. Engineer's eyes widen as he goes back to the lab, fanta in hand. A calico cat stares into his eyes.

"How did you get here?" Engineer asks the cat, picking it up softly. The cat began to purr in his arms and Engineer chuckles a little. He scratches behind it's ear.

The cat soon demands to be let down and Engineer complies, smiling as he watches the cat move around. He then notices something off.

Suddenly, the cat divides like a cell and Engineer about screams. "What the fuck?" was the only thing Engineer could muster to say.

He calls out for Gnome to show her his creation and she gasps.

"How did you get these two?" Gnome asks, referring to the cats that looked almost like mirror images of each other.

The original cat divides again.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Gnome yelled, getting behind Engineer. "WHY IS IT MULTIPLYING??"

Engineer shrugs. "I don't know why it divided. But I assure you it's safe."

Engineer giggles as the cat divides again. All the cats go up to Engineer, curling near him. He sits down as the cats purr and lay on him.

Gnome coos, taking a picture of him and the cats. "Awww! Engie, you're adorable with cats!"

Engineer giggles again. "I love them! Look how cute they are."

Gnome chuckles, sitting near Engineer and hugging him. Engineer kisses her cheek, nuzzling a little.

"I love you, my chaotic little shit!" Gnome giggled.

"Love you too, my enabler..." Engineer smiled.

The next day, there were now twenty cats, all purring and laying on Engineer. Engineer chuckles, sending a video to the group chat.

Various reactions of "What the fuck?" were expectantly sent and within twenty minutes, Captain knocked on the door.

"COME IN!" Engineer yelled, unable to get up.

Captain walks in, awing a little bit at the cats. "Well, that's certainly a situation."

Engineer nodded. "The cats keep dividing."

"Just... Feed them, okay?" Captain asks softly.

Engineer nods again, "Of course!"

Soon enough, Engineer created a machine that generates infinite amounts of cat food. All the cats were fed very well.