Sleepy Smiles

Tw: Existential themes and implied suicide mention.

Stoner sat down in electrical with a sigh, lighting his blunt. He surprisingly got his tasks done early. He looked down as he pondered the feelings within himself.

Captain walks in to do his wires task, spotting Stoner on the floor. "Hey, are you okay?"

"...Yeah duuuuude, I just got done with my tasks." Stoner replied, taking another hit of his blunt. "Want any?"

"No thanks, honey." Captain said.

"Honey.... I like that... Wanna sit here with me?" Stoner asks., craving the company of Captain. He smiles tiredly.

"After my wires task... Aaaaaand done." Captain said, sitting next to Stoner, laying a head on his shoulder. Stoner looks at him before pulling Captain closer.

Captain sighs in content, bringing Stoner into his arms. The smell of weed hit him and he ran a hand through Stoner's hair. "I love you..."

"Love you too. Damn, you are warm." Stoner says, head on Captain's chest. He yawned, blinking back sleep. He nuzzled into Captain's neck.

"Kiss me?" Captain asks. Stoner leans in and kisses him. Captain runs a hand through Stoner's hair as he pulls away. Hot air was shared between them and a dizzying pleasure hit him.

Stoner pulls back a second time and cuddled up closer to Captain. He yawned again and Captain chuckles. "Duuuuude, what if I never existed?"

"I would be lonely and sad like I was before I met you. Why?" Captain asks, furrowing his brow in worry. "Please don't tell me..." The Captain frowned, those last few words going unspoken.

"No, it's not that. I'm just high and existential." Stoner clarified, wiping Captain's tears. "I'm sorry that question affected you so much... I didn't think you would get that worried about it."

Captain sniffled, wiping the tears that kept falling. "Do you promise that you won't...." Captain couldn't say the rest of the words. He sobbed quietly, looking away.

"...I won't, I promise..." Stoner says, rubbing Captain's back. He never thought that Captain would be that distressed at the thought of losing him.

"Thank you...." Captain whispers, kissing Stoner on the forehead. "The thought of losing you hurts so bad..."

"You won't lose me." Stoner clarified, kissing his jawline. "I promise..." He smiled a small gentle smile at Captain. Captain attempted to force a smile and failed to do so.

"...Thank God..." Captain sighs, resting on Stoner's chest. The heartbeat of Stoner made him smile inside. Stoner was here. Stoner was safe. "You make me overjoyed. I love seeing you and hearing your voice."

"You make me feel... Warm." Stoner says "Even when I'm completely down, you bring me up again."

Captain just smiled, wiping the tears from his face. He sniffled and Stoner smiled as well. Captain wasn't crying anymore. Captain was happy.

Captain yawned and shifted position to be laying on Stoner's shoulder. He felt his eyes get heavier and he falls asleep with tearstained cheeks.

Stoner smiled and took a hit of his blunt that he forgot was there before. He nuzzled the top of Captain's head and yawned. He felt his eyes get heavy and he fell asleep as well.

An hour later Stoner awoke, blinking heavily. He got a bag of Cheetos, quietly eating them to not wake Captain up.

The emergency meeting button was pressed and all were teleported to the cafeteria. Captain awoke and his eyes were still puffy.

"Player vented." Bro said in an accusatory manner.

"All in favor of voting Player, say aye." Captain said, rubbing his eyes. Stoner grabbed his hand and Captain smiled at him.

"Aye." The rest said as Player is once again ejected. The defeat screen is shown and Captain sighs. He tiredly heads to his living quarter's, Stoner behind him.

He gets into bed and brings Stoner in his arms. He kisses stoner on the head and falls asleep almost immediately.

"G'night, Cap..." Stoner whispers, staying up for a while to admire Captain. He loved the ash brown hair along with Captain's freckled face and crooked nose. He loved the quiet snoring and little mumbled phrases. He loved everything about Captain.

Stoner sleepily smiled and fell back into slumber. He nuzzled into Captain's chest, softly whispering "I love you" in his ear, just before falling asleep.