The Web of Insecurity

"Player? What are you doing?" Captain asks, frowning with concern. He found Player curled on the ground, shaking with widened eyes.

Player whimpered and his breath hitched. He curled up further away from Captain. Captain frowns and sits next to him. "What's wrong...?"

Player doesn't respond with words, instead pointing toward a corner. He cowers more and scoots away from said corner. Captain investigates and shudders when he touches the cob web.

"Gross, a cobweb." Captain says, cringing as the spider lands on his face. Player yelped and looked away as Captain squished it. "...I'm sorry Mr. Spider..."

Captain gets down next to Player again and Plauer curls in his arms. Player scratched at the top of his hand and Captain held his hands.

"Deep breath..." Captain says, taking an exaggerated deep breath. Player whimpered and followed his lead. Player was pulled into a tender hug.

They sit there for an hour, Player copying Captain's deep breaths. Player sniffles and buries his face into Captain's shoulder with a sob. Captain rakes fingers through Player's short brown hair.

"Any better, honey?" Captain asks, letting Player listen to his heartbeat. Player nods and Captain gets up, lifting Player into his arms.

Player relaxes and Captain smiled tenderly. "Thank you... Captain..."

"No problem, Player. You are safe..." Captain says, kissing Player's forehead. Player sprawled out in Captain's arms.

"I know I will be safe when you are around. And you will always be safe around me. You are loved." Player sleepily whispered, kissing Captain on the cheek.

Captain smiled and happy tears came to his eyes. A few tews rolled down his face, and he sniffled. "You make me so happy just by being you. You make me feel good inside, even when I feel like jack shit."

"I love you so much... Can I just be cuddled for a few hours?" Player asks, nuzzling Captain's neck. He shudders, thinking of the spider.

"Of course... You are always welcome to cuddle with me..." Captain says, getting on the bed. "You... Make me feel so... Loved. I've never been used to feeling loved until you came along..."

"You deserve to feel loved. You always have been." Player says, saddened by what Captain admitted. He kisses Captain on the tip of the nose. "You are always here for me..."

"And I always will be. I want you to feel happy." Captain replied, nuzzling Player's head. He gives Player a tender kiss on the forehead.

Player smiles and giggles a little bit. Captain smiles tenderly and leans into Player's touch as Player traces his jawline. He gives Player a small kiss on the lips and Player grins.

"I love the way that your smile lights up your eyes. Everything about you is.... Is just cute." Player says, giving Captain another kiss on the cheek.

Captain smiles again as Player lays on his lap, tracing constellations into Captain's freckles. Player smiled at Captain's teary look. Captain smiles as the tears once again roll down his face.

"Loved." Player says with a glimps of a smile.

"That's you. You are loved by many and yet you chose me." Captain replied, whimpering as his smile shakes. Player kissed the corners of his eyes.

"I chose you because you are you. I love you for everything you are. You are my sunshine." Player says.

"And you are my sunflower." Captain replied, sniffling. He wiped the tears from both of their faces. Player closed his eyes, listening to Captain's heartbeat.

"You are so handsome, you know?" Player says.

"Not really. I never really liked my body all that much." Captain admits sheepishly.

"Bullshit! If I ever, and I mean EVER, find you criticizing yourself in the mirror, I will cover it." Player says, a look of concern. "You deserve to love your body."

Captain whimpers again and Player switches so he is the big spoon. Player traces more constellations in Captain's freckles.

"Your insecurities are valid, but they are bullshit. You are handsome." Player repeats, kissing the top of Captain's hand like a Disney Prince.

Captain just smiles as a comfortable silence fills the room. All that is heard is the heavy breathing and eventual snoring of Player.

Captain flips the lights and goes to bed, a love stricken look on his face.