Proud (Part 1)

Bro was feeling awful to say the least. His heart pounded anytime he got near Ninja, so he avoided him. 'I'm not gay...' He thought.

He looked at Ninja's subtle smirk when he won the second time. His heart pounded and his face burned. 'Oh God... I'm not gay-' He thought. He knew deep down that he was wrong.

Bro walked to his room and examined himself in the mirror. He never had felt anything around women. Even with the women he fucked.

The realization that he liked men hit him. 'Oh God... I can't like men... Isn't that wrong?' Bro thought, taking a deep breath. 'Am I...broken?'

He bit the inside of his lip and tears spilled down his face. 'ImnotgayImnotgay-' Bro thought, head against the mirror.

He sobbed quietly, breath hitching once in awhile. He didn't care that others were gay, but he couldn't be gay. He just couldn't.

He sat there for awhile, letting tears fall. He then sniffled and wiped the tears. He left the bathroom and he walked by Player's room.

He didn't know what made him knock on the door, but he did. Player answered, looking on in surprise at Bro's saddened state, leading him to his bed.

"Bro, what's wrong?" Player asked, looking concerned.

"It's just... I realized that I don't like women and-" Bro felt a wave of anxiety pass through him and he bit his lip to hold back a sob "and-" He couldn't bring himself to say it.

"Dude... It's okay if you are gay. Being gay is always okay..." Player said, hugging Bro.

"But... Isn't it wrong?" Bro asked.

"Is it wrong for me to date Veteran?" Player asked.

"No...?" Bro answered. He sniffled, sobbing quietly.

"Then it's okay for you to like men. Not liking women does not make you broken." Player replied. He rubbed Bro's back and Bro just let out a shaky sigh.

That night when Bro had gone to bed, he stayed up late thinking about what Player said to him. 'But... I can't be gay...' He thought.

He woke up the next morning and went to the bathroom. He felt tears come on again and he started to sob again.

He hears a knock on the door. "Bro, are you okay in there hun... You've been in there for a half hour..."

Bro had worried Mother. He opened the door and Mother frowned at his state. "Let's go to my room and have a talk. I know you would rather have some privacy."

Bro just nodded and followed Mother to her room. "Now, hun, what's got ya down?"

"I don't like women and it just... Feels so wrong... I feel b-" Bro just sobbed again and Mother hugged him.

"It's not wrong. It's not wrong to like men." Mother says.

"But... That's what I was tought..." Bro said, his whole worldview being shattered.

"Whoever tought you that is wrong. You might be gay, and that is completely okay." Mother says.

Bro just sobbed hard into her arms. He sniffled and Mother rubbed his back. "....Thank you."

"No problem hun. Just remember, we will all love you. No matter what." Mother replied.

Bro just nodded and headed back to his room after completing tasks. Everytime Ninja walked by him, he felt his heart pound.

He swallowed thickly and stared at the ceiling. He sobbed until he fell asleep. Days went by and he continued to feel worse.

He looked in the mirror and he feels a hand on his shoulder. Mother just hugged him as an act of comfort.

"I'm gay..." He whispered.

"I know. And that's okay..." Mother replied.

The next night he thought hard. He was gay. And yet, he somehow felt okay with it. He fell asleep, happier than he has been in so many days.

The next day, Bro went to the mirror once more.

"I'm gay!" Bro said, proud smile on his face. He smiled wide and felt the bubbly happiness that came from within.

He walked to Player's room and knocked.

"Yeah, Bro?" Player said, inviting him in.

"You were right. I'm gay and that's okay..." Bro said, happy tears pouring down his face.

"Bro... I'm so proud of you..." Player replied, hugging him. Bro cried happily for awhile before heading to Mother's room.

"Mother... I'm gay." Bro said. "And I'm proud."

"You have grown so much. I support you, honey." Mother replied.

After a while, Bro went back to his room.

Bro was gay, and he was proud.