Close Call

Player and Veteran sat on the couch as Captain sat between them. Captain pulls his boyfriends closer to him, a smile on his face. He giggled lightly as Veteran nuzzled.

"I'm kinda bored, not gonna lie," Veteran admits, continuing to nuzzle Captain. He yawned a little, holding Player's hand. Player giggled and flushed.

"Maybe we could go to the ice cream shop... I've been dying for some ice cream," Player suggested, also nuzzling Captain.

Captain nodded. "That sounds like a great idea, My Firefly..." Captain flushed a little at the pet name he gave Player.

Player made a soft happy noise and hugged close to Captain, nuzzling more. Veteran looked sort of excited. He really liked ice cream.

Veteran got up first, proceeding to trip on a table leg, effectively eating dirt. Player giggled, going over to him.

"You okay, Vet...?" Player asks, still slightly giggling at Veteran's clumsiness.

"Aw..." Captain cooed, helping Veteran up and kissing his cheek softly. "I love you..."

Veteran giggled, rubbing the nape of his neck, slightly red in the face. Player smiled, taking Veteran's hand. Captain walked close to them both.

After awhile, they made it to the ice cream shop. Veteran leaned slightly on Captain with a smile, still holding Player's hand.

Veteran had gotten himself a chocolate waffle cone. Player had gotten himself a strawberry sundae and Captain got a vanilla shake.

"I love you guys..." Veteran says softly, looking Player in the eye for a moment before looking down.

Player chuckles, smiling wide, kissing Veteran across the table. Captain sips his vanilla shake, smiling at his boyfriends.

Veteran made a soft noise, rolling up his hoodie sleeve's. "It's hot..." He licks his ice cream, fanning his face a little.

"It is..." Player agrees, adjusting his shirt a little. He wipes a beed of sweat off his forehead.

Captain noticed the discomfort and nodded. "Ah, I'm used to hot temperatures," He says, laughing a little.

Veteran booped Captain's nose with a soft smile. "Let's head back to the house after this... I don't like how hot it is..."

Captain giggled, taking Veteran's hand. Player smiled and began the walk.

Veteran, out of the corner of his eye, noticed something. A stray cat, or rather, a kitten. Veteran squats to the ground, tapping his fingers. "Come're kitty kitty..."

The cat comes up to Veteran, and he takes it into his arms. Veteran pets the cat softly, smiling as it purrs loudly. "Aw... Adorable..."

Player takes a picture of the sight as the cat jumps out of Veterans arms. Veteran, determined to keep the cat from being hit from a car, went into the road to save the cat.

"VETERAN!!!" Captain yelled, pulling Veteran out of the street just as the car ran the stop sign. Captain held Veteran close as the three of them try to process what happened.

"V-Vet..." Player says softly. The three sit on the ground, holding close to each other.

"Please. Never do that again!" Captain yelled, unable to keep his voice quiet. Player cringed at the loud noise and Veteran made a sad face. "Oh God, I'm so sorry..."

Player hugged Captain. "It's okay, dear... We know it wasn't on purpose." Veteran nodded, hugging them both as well.

Captain just listened to Veteran's heartbeat. "S-Sunflower...." Captain sniffles, trying not to cry. He shook slightly as Player and Veteran nuzzled.

Veteran made a soft noise. "I feel we should head back home... Before anything else happens." Player nods.

The three continue walking, silent. The silence was heavy and tense. Player held the door open, letting Captain and Veteran inside.

Captain curls up on the couch, softly crying. Veteran went up to him and held him.

"It's going to be okay. I'm alive, thanks to you..." Veteran comforts, holding him close. He played with Captain's hair as he cried.

"Y-You could have- Please never do that again... I could have lost you..." Captain sobbed.

"I'm alive. It's okay." Veteran replied gently, rubbing Captain's back. Player curled close to to the two of them.

Captain listens to Veteran's heartbeat for awhile, continuing to cry. Eventually, he calmed a bit, looking at Player and Veteran with a sniffle.

Player smiled and kissed Captain's forehead. Veteran held close to them both, providing his comforting warmth. Captain nuzzled as Player got him a glass of water.

Captain sipped at the water, wiping the remaining tears. He made a slight noise as his eyes burned a little. Veteran gave a loving look as Player hugged even closer.

"We will be okay..." Player says, giving a determined look to Captain. "I promise you."

Captain nodded with another sniffle. Veteran had went upstairs, bringing several blankets down. He goes on another trip, bringing pillows down.

Player got into the pile of soft things, giggling as he pulled Captain in. Captain smiles and hugs Player as Veteran got onto them both.

"Oh my god, I love you guys!" Captain says happily.

"We love you too!" Player and Veteran say at the same time. They stare each other down, each grabbing a pillow.

Captain counted down from three before yelling "Draw!"

Player and Veteran began an epic fight, hitting each other with pillows. "You're going down, bitch!" Player says.

"Try me!" Veteran yelled, hitting Player with the pillow. Captain grins, getting some ice from the fridge.

Captain takes the back of Veteran's shirt, pouring the cup of ice down Veteran's back. Veteran let out a scream as he felt the cold set in.

"Oh hell no!" Veteran yells happily, whacking Captain with the pillow. Player laughed as Captain joined in their little pillow fight.

In the end, the three lay down next to each other, smiles on their faces.

"I love you guys so much!" Captain says, peppering Player's cheek with kisses. Player made a flustered noise, burying his face into his beanie.

Veteran cooed and kissed the top of Player's head. "Cute..." Veteran says softly. Player whined, flushing a bit.

Captain booped both of their noses as they cuddled close to him. Player yawned, hugging closer. Veteran nuzzled as well.

Veteran gave a soft smile, turning off the light. "Love you both... Sleep well."

"You too, Sunflower..." Captain mumbled, falling asleep. Veteran took a picture of Player and Captain cuddling. Player held his beanie like a plushy as Captain held Player close.