Cooking Contemplation

A/N- No trigger warnings here :] Just fluff. Sorry for the lack of updates, mental health kinda fucked me up the ass lamo

------------------------------------------------------

It was a cold Polus night and TheGentleman was in the kitchen, his work associate asleep at the table nearby. He looked to Mr. Cheese with a soft smile, feeling his face go a little red. He shook his head, going back to cutting the carrots, the sound distracting him from his thoughts of holding Mr. Cheese's hand, and snuggling him into the night.

"I can't do that... I'm not in love..." TheGentleman mumbled to himself, placing carrots into the stew pot. He shivered pulling his overcoat onto him a little more. "Ugh, this dastardly cold... I very much dislike it."

Mr. Cheese made a soft noise and TheGentleman looked over. Mr. Cheese was cute, snoring very lightly as he slept. TheGentleman felt his face go red.

"No no, get ba-" TheGentleman sees him shiver and a slight feeling of sadness filled his chest. "..." He let out a sigh and put his overcoat onto Mr. Cheese, hoping it'd provide some warmth as the stew warmed up.

TheGentleman began to chop the celery, smiling as his thoughts wander. He shook his head again. "No, I can't... I can't love him..."

Meanwhile, Mr. Cheese began to wake, wrapping the cologne scented overcoat around him. The smell brought him a level of comfort no blanket could provide. "Mn... Comfy..."

TheGentleman felt his face go red, adjusting his top hats. "Aha... It seems you're awake, Mr. Cheese. I hope you find the food splendid once it's done cooking."

"What's cooking, Gentleman?" Mr. Cheese asks, excitement in his voice.

"Just a pleasent pot of soup. It is rather cold after all." TheGentleman hummed, mixing the pot. He felt a warmth fill his face, heart beating and a flutter feeling in his stomach. He makes a soft noise.

"Are you feeling okay? You seem a bit red~" Mr. Cheese teased, but went to him and felt his forehead anyway. "Hm... No fever, but you look redder than my hair!" Mr. Cheese looked to TheGentleman, seeing he only got a bit redder.

"I um... I'm fine, Mr. Cheese, my dear associate!" He let out a laugh and Mr. Cheese gave a doubting look.

"Gentleman! I call total crap!" Mr. Cheese bluntly says, hugging TheGentleman. "You can ask if you need help!"

All TheGentleman managed is a squeak and then he cleared his throat. "Ahem... Supper is done, my associate." He gives a bowl full of warm soup, Mr. Cheese smiling wide. He went to the table and sat down.

TheGentleman followed and sat down with his own bowl. He ate, smiling as the tender warmth filled his body. "Is the food great?"

"Fantastic! It doesn't even need cheese!"

"Glad to hear." TheGentleman did slight flappy hands under the table, then stopping himself and eating properly and with etiquette. "Mh... Mr. Cheese...?"

"Yes, Gentleman?"

TheGentleman could deny it no longer, the feelings he had for Mr. Cheese. The freckles that reminded him constellations, the hair that reminded him of his fiery, warm hearted associate and eyes that drew him in only making the feelings grow, burning in his heart. He loved Mr. Cheese and has for awhile.

"I um..." TheGentleman rings out his hands a little, blushing a bit more. He used his top hats to hide the blush.

Mr. Cheese patiently waited for his friend to say what he needed to. He knew emotions didn't get out easy. He knew he needed time. Time to say what he wants. He put a hand on TheGentleman's.

"I um... Um..." TheGentleman went silent. His heart beat in his ears, the words he wanted to say stuck in his mind, his cold, dampened heart. Tears welled at his eye. "Um..."

"It's okay... Take your time, Gentleman..." Mr. Cheese reassured, waiting for him to say those words. He wonders if it's an 'I love you' or a 'I want you.' He honestly hoped it was one of those. He loved TheGentleman.

TheGentleman got up abruptly and stepped outside the room. He paced back and forth as the bitter outside cold pierced through the thin clothing he had been wearing. "No- Nononono- No... I ruined it! This turned horrendous- Nonono-" He paced more and more.

After a few minutes, Mr. Cheese slowly opened the door to the outside. "TheGentleman... The foods getting cold, as are you... Step inside..."

"..." TheGentleman nodded and stepped back inside, trying to get himself more composed. After a moment, he cleared his throat again. "I um... I'm sorry about that undignified behavior from me."

"Gentleman, you needed to let that out. You need to let yourself feel. What are you feeling?" Mr. Cheese asked tenderly, hugging his anxious friend.

"Love..." TheGentleman admits. "F-For you... I understand if-" He was cut off by being booped on the nose.

"TheGentleman! I love you too!" Mr. Cheese smiled. "Wanna be my partner?"

A starstruck look comes across TheGentleman's face and he nodded. "Why of course... It's all I could dream of..." His face was red from the cold and love, but he held Mr. Cheese a bit closer.

Within a moment, they're back to eating soup. But what's special is that they weren't just associates anymore. They were eating soup as lovers.

And that's all they could ever want.