Time and Time Again

Tw: Themes of suicide and an attempt, Please be safe while reading this. If you are feeling suicidal, I understand. I've been there. I am there. Just know things get better.

TheGentleman felt his long hair flow in the wind as he sat on the edge of the cliff. He's been coming here for so long, testing the waters. I want to die... It's so painful.

He had wrote a note to his dearest, wanting to give Mr. Cheese closure. "I hope he won't be to hurt when I'm gone." He knew Mr. Cheese would be hurt, but at least in his mind he was better off dead.

He hurt everyone. He remembers the times he struck Mr. Cheese and he flinches. "Why am I just like you?" He felt a pang in his heart and tears well in his eyes. He was just like his father and he knew it.

"I hope Mr. Cheese stops loving me..." TheGentleman mumbled. He wipes his face and scoots a little closer to the edge. His legs were dangling and he felt the warmth of the lava pit.

It was quite late at night and he had time to make his final move, his attempt. Maybe he should stick around, just a little bit longer to say goodbye.

Quite some time passes as TheGentleman reflects on the good and bad of his life. He sniffles, getting even closer to the edge. "Goodbye, Mr. Cheese..." He mumbled.

"G-Gentleman...?" Mr. Cheese's voice called, "Is that you? Please come back!"

TheGentleman pales, looking back at Mr. Cheese. One side of his face was illuminated with the faint, warm light of the lava pit.

Mr. Cheese sits next to TheGentleman, putting a hand on his. TheGentleman flinches away from the touch.

"I'm glad you're still here. Please... Come back. You are loved." Mr. Cheese pleas, not wanting his beloved to die. "You aren't your father."

TheGentleman flinched at that line. "I...I'm just like him... I hit you."

"That was a few years ago. You have grown. I forgive you," Mr. Cheese says, holding his lovers hands.

"Please... I'm better off dead... My Cheesy Prince, I need you to go away. I don't want you to see this," TheGentleman sniffles, choking on a sob. He scoots closer to the edge.

"TheGentleman! Please don't do this!" Mr. Cheese begged, cupping his face. TheGentleman sat closer to the edge.

TheGentleman pushes himself out of Mr. Cheese's grip, standing on the edge. All Mr. Cheese could do is stand and watch in horror as TheGentleman jumped.

Me. Cheese screeches, shooting out his imposter tongue and using his spider limbs to claw in the hopes of bringing TheGentleman up. "I CAN'T BE YOUR SUNSHINE IF YOU ARE DEAD!!"

TheGentleman limply lets Mr. Cheese lift him up and Mr. Cheese embraces him, softly sobbing on him. "My Prince... Never do this again... Please..."

TheGentleman lays there, and the loud silence set in as what just happened was realized. Mr. Cheese continues to embrace him, spider limbs securely holding onto him. "TheGentleman," Mr. Cheese speaks "We need to get you help..."

TheGentleman sniffles as he breaks down into sobs. Mr. Cheese was right. He needed help, as always. He looks to his prince and realizes that time and time again, Mr. Cheese is always there.

Mr. Cheese loved him. Mr. Cheese was holding him. He wasn't in the past anymore. He was on Polus. He wasn't on MIRA or at his father's. He feels a cloud of tiredness consume him, much like the anxiety and terrible feelings did before.

He sunk into the warm embrace, feeling consciousness leave him. He had somewhere to start. He had a chance to a new beginning.

He was loved.