She Wore a Yellow Cardigan

A/N: Sorry for long time no updates X)

It was late at night, soft feeling of sorrow in the air. Veteran sat on the edge of that very same cliff TheGentleman had before. He didn't plan to jump, only there to think.

Veteran felt confused and sad. He didn't know why everything felt so bad. He looks down into the lava. He felt so good in his body and being a man some days, but on others, it repulsed him.

But he was a man. And he knew that. He didn't know why it repulsed him. He sighs, tossing a rock into the lava. A hand is set on his shoulder.

Veteran looked to the figure behind him. "Oh hey, Gentledude. What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that, Veteran." TheGentleman replied politely.

"Thinking," Veteran answers, staring into the distance.

"Riiiiight," TheGentleman says sarcastically.

"I'm not here to off myself," Veteran clarafies, running a hand through his hair. He made a nervous noise, "I'm just having so many doubts."

"Would you... Er... Like to talk about it...?" TheGentleman awkardly asks, sitting next to Veteran. He wasn't going to leave.

"I'm... Having doubts on my gender... And my love life," Veteran says, feeling a deep sadness well in his heart. "I'm scared my boyfriends will stop loving me... I need them, Gentledude..."

TheGentleman nodded. "Ah, I get it, Mr. Veteran... Or would you like to be Ms. Veteran?"

"I was thinking of using she/her along with xe/xer and he/him..." Veteran admits, coming out to TheGentleman.

"I accept you for who you are, Mx. Veteran," TheGentleman smiled, looking to Veteran, "and I'm sure your boyfriends will too."

Veteran looked at the lava, tossing yet another rock. She sighed, legs dangling from the edge. "I guess you're right, Gentledude... I think it's time for me to come out about this."

"It will all be okay," TheGentleman reassures.

"I am.... Genderfluid and I am proud!" Veteran says, trying to get the confidence he used to have. Xe sighs softly, running a hand through his own hair.

"That's right!" TheGentleman smiled, helping Veteran up. He leads Veteran back, walking xer home. Veteran opens the door and walks in.

Player and Captain greet him happily, Player bringing him into a hug.

"I'm happy you're safe, my goodness!" Captain says, holding onto Veteran tightly and kissing his forehead. Player hugs close as well, ignoring the feeling in his chest.

"We were worried..." Player admits, looking slightly away from Veteran.

Veteran kisses Player, Player kissing back with a soft happy noise and hooking his arms around her neck. Veteran chuckles and lifts him, twirling lightly.

Captain smiled lightly. "Where were you?"

"The park... I needed to think..." Veteran admits, cheeks a blazing red.

"About what?" Player asks, cupping Veteran's cheek. "You can tell us anything."

"I'm... Genderfluid and I want to use she/xe/he pronouns..." Veteran quietly says, preparing for unacceptance.

"Sunflower... We accept you," Captain smiles, softly hugging xer close.

Player nodded, kissing Veteran's nose with a giggle. "You're still adorable!"

Veteran smiles, realizing that his boyfriends would love him no matter what. She sits down, eventually listening to Captains heartbeat.

"I'm accepted..." Veteran says quietly. And he was, very much so.