You've Got Mail

Luz's POV:

Ami laid silently next to me with a grim expression of confusion and fear. I softly rubbed her back in an effort to make her feel better. Suddenly, she turned around to latch onto me.

"Goodnight Luzy," she mumbled holding onto me for dear life. 

"Goodnight Ami," I whispered while holding onto her. Sleep finally took over the two of us. 

Eda's POV:

"Edalyn," Odalia gasped while struggling to speak. 

"What is it Blight?" I asked not trusting this sudden plea for help.

"Where is Lilly?" she asked with tears dripping down her face. 

"Why do you want to know little miss perfect?" I questioned to see another woman in front of me. 

"I'm sorry for tormenting the two of you. I know what I did was fucked up, but I need to explain," she coughed looking directly into my eyes.

"You hurt her! She was devastated after you tricked her into thinking you loved her. You pretended you never knew her, and we were below you. You tried to ban her from hexside, her dream," I snarled looking into her broken expression. 

"Alador, he is after me. When we were kids he brainwashed me into thinking I was in love with him. You saw how he acted when you and Lilly arrived at our mansion. He kidnapped the two of us and threatened our lives, her life if I didn't comply with his demands of memory erasure. She refused of course, but he threatened to kill me if Lilly didn't run," she explained. 

"What in the world!" I gasped at the sight of a broken enemy, and a lost friend.

"I know I can't undo what we have done, but I swear to protect my children from this monster. Hell, I understand why you and Lilly have no motivation to believe me. Even if he kills me, I will fight to the end protecting the last thing I love. My daughter deserves the happiness that was taken from me," she proclaimed as she wiped her tears. Slowly, I got up and I hugged her as her sobs muffled the room.

"Odalia, it really is you after all, huh?" I replied as she held on to my shoulder.

"What do you mean? Why are you hugging me, after I have done nothing but hurt you?" she cried. 

"I can see you are telling the truth. Plus, you are going to be Luz's mother in law, so I thought we should be on good terms," I joked. 

"Still making jokes in serious moments, huh, Clawthorn?" she smiled after hours of tears. 

"You know, my sister would like to see you," I claimed as she had a confused expression.

"Wouldn't Lillian hate me? I hurt her," she confessed. 

"I'm sure she would understand Blight. Oh, speak of the devil," I responded as the crystal ball rang throughout the room.

"Hello, Edalyn, and who is that behind you?" Lilly asked 

"Lillian, I'm Odalia. My memories are back, and I want to apologize for all the grievances I have caused you and your sister. I love you, but I understand if you hate me," she cried. 

"Hold a minute, I am coming to the owl house Eda," Lilly replied making the crystal see-through.

"What did I do?" she whispered in regret. 

"Hoot! Hoot! Eda, your sister is here," Hooty exclaimed. 

"Let her in Hooty," I informed. The door opened to show my sister in tears. 

"Lilly," Odalia muffled as Lillian ran to hug her.

"I missed you, Lia," she cried holding me tightly.

"Why, I only hurt you?" Odalia sobbed.

"It wasn't you though. You wonder why I wanted to be in the Emporer's coven so bad," she explained as her iron grip held onto her old girlfriend. 

"You did all of that to try and get me back?" Odalia asked.

"Yes, I wanted you back, but the only way the newer version of you would notice me is if I had a higher role," she claimed. 

"You have been in the coven for years, what did I do to you?" Lia asked.

"Whatever was in that spell turned you completely against me. I tried multiple times, but he removed those memories too I suppose," Lilly explained. 

"Do you want to go outside and catch up?" Odalia asked.

"I would love to," Lilly exclaimed. 

"Hurry up you lovebirds!" I teased. Lilly gave me the death stare. 

 Luz's POV: 

*Creak* What the? Ami had her head nuzzled softly into my back. My eyes traced the room to see an unfamiliar familiar perched on the window. Slowly, I got up and tiptoed to the bat. A letter with a crimson seal was attached to the jaw of the creature. The bat handed me the letter and flew off. Quickly, I ripped it open to try and decipher who sent me this. 

*Dear Luz:

I am deeply sorry for all of the strife I have caused you. My anger has caused me to commit unspeakable acts that I must apologize for. I would love to meet you by the Grom tree, alone, in order to discuss what has been on my mind. If you don't come to the tree at all or with company, I will take that as a threat, and I will kill your dear Amity. I promise to leave Amity alone if you comply. Meet me at the tree as soon as you get this.

Love, Alice.*

"Mhm, Luzy come back to bed," Ami whined. 

"Goodnight love, I must go do something. If I don't return in an hour meet me by the grom tree," I begged with tears in my eyes.

"Ok, wait what!? Luz, what are you doing?" Ami cried holding my hand. 

"Don't worry about it, I'll be back soon," I lied as I ran my fingers through her hair.

"Fine, but be safe Luzy," she reluctantly agreed. I gave her a soft kiss, then I got up to grab my staff with some glyphs I drew. Slowly, I crept through the house trying to leave without being noticed. I made it outside with Ash as I started to fly towards the tree.