Breaking Free

Author's note: I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time. My schoolwork piled up, and I needed time to sort it out. Thank you all for your constant support!

Amity's POV:

Darkness crept into the horizon as we said our goodbyes to Gus and Mark. Today has been a long day, and I was overjoyed that we would be able to sleep. Luzy grabbed my hand as we walked indoors. 

"How are you two doing?" Eda asked. 

"We are good, I think we need some sleep after today," Luzy chimed. 

"I bet! You know my offer still stands if you want to skip tomorrow," Eda claimed while she stirred a pot of vegetables. 

"Luz! Amity!" King shouted while crawling up Luzy's leg. The aroma of stew filled the house as I let my shoulders relax. Luzy squeezed my hand softly with a bright smile. Eda dished up four steaming bowls as I helped her carry them to the living room.

"I know you two want to get to bed, but I need you to take your elixir," Eda explained. Our faces twisted remembering the foul substance.

"Urgg!" Luzy and I protested. 

"Sorry, I know the substance is foul, but I don't want your curse to worsen faster," Eda replied as she pulled out two small bottles of golden bile. 

"Yes, mom," Luzy sighed. We quickly downed the bitter substance fighting not to regurgitate. 

"Good, now we can eat," Eda smiled. Slowly, I cut him into the food as steam blasted into my face. 

"Eda, I want to thank you for allowing me to stay at the owl house with Luzy," I beamed as she smiled. 

"It's no problem Amity. I enjoy your company, and I really appreciate you taking care of Luz," she responded with a bright smile. We eventually finished the lavish meal, and Luzy and I got ready for bed. 

Odalia's POV:

'Where am I' I thought as I stared into the grey abyss cavern I was trapped in. Slowly, I stood up to notice flaming ivory chains covering my wrists and upper back. A large crystal ball played a video of Lilith when we were in school. 

"Are you going soft on me Blight?" she giggled.

"No! We were enemies! What is this?" I shouted into the cavern with tears lacing my eyes. My eyes were locked to the crystal.

"I love you, Lillian," the recording echoed with my voice. The recording continued to play with happy loving memories between the two of us. Suddenly, Alador blinked into the screen as he knocked younger me and Lilith unconscious.

"What do you want with us!" she screamed as his smile widened. We were in similar chains to the ones I was wearing now. 

"Odalia, I am truly in love with you despite your illness. Don't worry, I'll be your doctor and remove this pest," he explained with a dagger in his palm. He skipped over to Lilly and held it to her throat. 

"No! You can't! I love her, and if you kill her I would kill myself!" I spat as he glared through me.

"Fine, but only on one condition. If you allow me to alter your memories, she lives," he gleamed.

"Never! Odalia please, I love you! Don't throw away our relationship to this scumbag. I rather die than you forget who you are!" Lilly sobbed while Alador laughed.

"I will go through with it. Lilly, run please I don't want you to die! I love you Lillian please don't forget me okay?" the recording screamed. 

"No, please!" she yelped. 

"Off you go, Lillian. If you don't leave I will kill her too!" he whispered. 

"I love you, and I will never forget you, Odalia!" she cried while running off.  Tears littered my face as the crystal went blank.

"This is what happens when you rebel sweetheart," Alador chimed as he walked behind me.

"You bastard!" I shouted. 

"You really think you can escape," he teased as he pulled my chains.

"Death is better than a life with you! I was brainwashed!" I spat as he frowned.

"What about our beautiful children? Don't you love them?" he smirked. 

"I love them, and I could never hate them. The one whom I hate is you Alador," I replied.  Suddenly the chains loosened as my power overtook them. 

"Don't you want a peaceful and easy life? Come on, we both know you wouldn't win," he growled. 

"I don't love you!" I hissed as I broke out of the dreamlike cavern. Quickly, I sat up in the basement of our house. With a fire spell, I burned through the ropes burning my wrists. Loud thumping could be heard throughout the house as Alador charged through. Foggy vision clouded my eyes as I raced to break the window. To my surprise, it shattered, and I escaped summoning a teleportation spell. The world spun as I was in the process, so I chose to teleport to Eda Clawthorn. 

"What are you doing love," I heard as Alador escaped the window. Suddenly, I turned around to see him lunge towards me. My spell shot me to the owl house safe from his grasp. 

"Hoot! Hoot! Intruder!" the owl squealed as he headbutts me. 

"Who is that?" I heard a familiar voice question. 

"Eda, I'm so sorry! Help me, please!" I gurgled as the world around me started to turn black. 

Amity's POV:

Shock filled my system as my mom laid unconscious in front of the house. She was horrible to me as a kid, but she doesn't deserve to die. Eda and Luzy helped me pull her inside while laying her on the couch. 

"It will be alright Ami. I'm here for you," Luzy soothed. Eda walked over to her with Luzy's medical gear in hand. 

"Thank you, Luzy. I love you," I whispered as I felt her fingers brush into mine.

"I love you too Ami," she exclaimed while holding me close.

"Oww! My head," my mom groaned as she struggled to look around. 

"Mom," I gasped as I looked into her blood-stained face. 

"Hey, Amity, Luz, *Cough* I'm so sorry," she cried begging me to come closer. 

"What happened, mom?" I asked in fear. 

"Your dad is what happened," she claimed as she struggled to regain strength.

"That bastard!" I hissed as Eda placed her hands on my shoulders. 

"Hey, I think your mom needs some rest, and so do you two. Please go to bed, and we will talk in the morning," Eda comforted. 

"I love you, Mom. I don't know if I can forgive you quite yet, but I really appreciate your apology," I cried as Luzy lead me up the stairs.

"I love you too Amity," she replied with a smile of relief.