Reflect

Luz's POV: 

Groggily, I woke up to see Ami laying on my chest. I smiled and I brought my hand through her smooth hair as she slept soundly. My gut ached from the idea of going back to Hexside after the constant trouble we run into, but I noticed the time and I tried to wake Ami up with a kiss.

"Morning beautiful," I whispered.

"Morning Luzy," Ami replied while holding on tightly to me. She then brushed her hands against my cheeks, and she kissed me softly.

"Do you want to skip school today?" I asked.

"I do, but I also know that we both should go," Ami replied with a grim look on her face.

"I'm sure that we will be fine to miss a day. We could even go to your spot in the library," I offered while holding Ami's hand.

"That's a good idea Luzy, but I fear my parents will figure out our location if I'm missing," Ami replied with a tone of sadness.

"Well, at least your parents can't interfere while school is on. It just will take everything from me to not kill Mark," I growled while Ami kissed my cheek.

"I know, there really is no good way to do this, huh," Ami claimed.

"Yeah, I think we should go to school. I love you, Ami, I'll protect you no matter what okay," I claimed seeing Ami grin while she put her head on my shoulder.

"I'll protect you too Luzy," she whispered with a warm smile. We got up and started our journey to the living room.

"You two should stay home," Eda claimed as she drank from her apple blood.

"We don't want to cause you more trouble Eda," I replied.

"I don't mind letting you two stay home. I'm really concerned after what you guys told me about Amity's mom the other day," Eda retorted while brushing her hand through my hair.

"You probably are right, but I feel like we are in danger either way.  She can't do anything during school hours, can she?" I asked, noticing Ami's grim expression.

"Luzy, I think we should go to school. My parents will send a brigade if I'm missing, but we need to leave as soon as the bell rings.

"I understand; however, I will be stopping by your school at the end of the day if things go south," Eda claimed.

"Thank you, Eda," we thanked as she rubbed our hair.

"I can't let princess over their injure you two," Eda replied. Ami and I quickly got ready and we grabbed ourselves some breakfast.

"If anyone hurts Luz I will kill them," King growled as he grabbed onto my leg.

"Don't worry King, I won't let them," Ami piped as she grabbed Draco.

"Have a nice day, Eda," I exclaimed as we walked off.

"Be safe you two," Eda replied with concern in her expression. I hopped onto Ami's staff while wrapping my arms around her.

"Are you good?" I asked as we flew through the sky.

"Not really, my nerves are unbearable today," she whispered.

"I understand. Just remember, I'm here for you. I'll protect you, Ami," I replied, kissing her neck. The large exterior of Hexide loomed over us as softly landed. The leaves brisked through the air as sweat dripped from our faces. I prayed to not run into trouble, but I knew it was too good to be true. Ami's heartbeat battled my hand as we made our way to potions. Today, we took notes and our lesson dragged on as each tick on the clock reminded us of our potential doom. The bell went off allowing an early sigh of relief, but a dark pink liquid was spilled on Ami. She quickly looked at me in fear as her eyes started to shift colors. Mark ran in front of her view obviously trying something.

"Mark! What the hell did you do to her!" I shouted.

"What does it look like? Duh, I'm using a potion to make her fall in love with me that has a hint of a lust potion in it," he sneered. My body shook as my mind became muddled. I then realized that potion effects are transferred like wounds.

"Get away from us," I exclaimed as I stood up. Mark smiled in a gloat until he saw my eyes.

"Shit! There is no way for me to earn her, you took the soulmate potion, you thief," he snuffed as he glared at us in disgust. 

"Excuse me, I took the potion too! She is mine as much as I am hers," Ami replied while grasping my arm. Mark just vanished as we tried to catch up on our breathing. For the rest of the day, we noticed that Mark was gone. I knew this was too good to be true, but I shrugged it off. When it came to illusions Ed and Em pressured us to skip on the last hour. We listened, but we were met with Mr. Blight outside.

"So, this is the human you abounded everything for," he called as he looked me down.

"I didn't abandon everything, dad! She is my everything," Ami shouted with an iron grip on my arm.

"Come on Amity, you are a Blight. She is beneath you and it is time for you to live up to your name," he instructed.

"She said no!" I growled as he looked over at me.

"Oh, I see. You are under the effect of a potion. I won't punish you as hard if you come home now," her dad cooed. He shot a blade of ice that sliced my arm open causing me to bleed intensely. Blood soaked both of our arms and her dad smiled.

"You don't deserve the Blight name. Don't return home unless you have a death wish," he sneered. A paper shined in his hand as it struck me. We both fell to the ground as pain filled our systems. 

"Don't worry dad, I like Noceda more instead," Ami choked as she held onto me. Her dad turned around leaving us injured outside the school. I pulled out Ash as I aided Ami towards the owl house.

"What did he do to us back there?" I asked.

"I don't know, but it hurt like hell," Ami winced as she held onto me. We ran into the owl house, as I helped Ami make it to the couch.

"Looks like I need to end the Blight parents," Eda growled.