The Talk

Eda's POV:

The manor towered over Lilly and me as we trudged towards the entrance. The sky's auburn glow reminded me this will be over soon. Reluctantly, I knocked on the door to see a scrawny boy answer.

"Hello, is Mr. or Mrs. Blight home?" I asked watching the boy flinch.

"Clyde, go in the other room for a minute. I must talk with our guests," A female voice boomed. The famished boy quickly ran out of the way. Mrs. Blight instantly bowed in front of us inviting us into her home. Seeing the girl who tormented my sister as a child definitely didn't ease my nerves. She leads us to a table where we saw Mr. Blight seated. 

"Why are you here?" he boomed. Mrs. Blight punched his arm making him wince.

"Sorry about my husband, I know you two are here about our daughter," she replied. 

"Yes, I..." Lilly said while she was cut off.

"We don't want her anymore!" Mr. Blight shouted. 

"Wait a minute Alador, why don't we want her anymore?" Mrs. Blight cried.

"She is the human's soulmate!" he hissed punching the table. Well, there goes a peaceful discussion. I stared at Lilly, and back to the Blights.

"If you are going to refer to my apprentice as the human again, I'm going to lose it. Her name is Luz for fucks sake," I shouted.

"I'm just going to ignore that. How do you undo the soulmate potion?" Mrs. Blight asked.

"You can't yet, she's broken Odalia! That's why I cursed the human," Mr. Blight spewed. Shock filled my system as I grabbed my staff.

"You what!" the rest of us shouted in unison. I was going to attack Mr. Blight, but Lilly held onto my arm.

"I cursed her soulmate to make her suffer," Mr. Blight stated.

"Why the hell would you do that? It will curse her too you moron!" Mrs. Blight shouted. 

"Amity is broken Odalia, the faster she dies the better it is for our name," he cooed.

"She is our daughter Alador! I only wanted her to marry rich in order for her life to better. The reason I was hard on her was to better her future. I get that I fucked up in trying to abandon her, but I was doing that because I knew she needed time from me. Every day I regret pushing her away, and I know she will never forgive me. However, I refuse to stay with you if you think she is just a chess piece," Mrs. Blight cried.

"Honey, relax this can all be solved with this," Mr. Blight cooed with a vile in his hand. He stood up and walked over to Mrs. Blight. 

"Look out!" Lilly shouted as she ran over to Mrs. Blight; however it was too late as she was forced to drink the vile. Choking echoed throughout the room, and Mrs. Blight blacked out.

"You are a monster! That was a memory-erasing potion wasn't it?" I spewed glaring into Mr. Blight's eyes.

"I'm sorry for my wife, she has to deal with impurity too. This is the only way to cure her," He claimed.

"What curse did you put on my child?" I asked, almost lunging at this crooked man.

"You really don't like surprises, do you? Well, since you're so impatient I'll let you know. I put a wolf curse on the human. Hopefully, she will go mad and she will eliminate Amity from the Blight name," he giggled.

"If you don't give us the cure, I'll kill you!" I shouted standing up at this outrageous statement.

"Patience Mrs. Clawthorn, It's only fair since your apprentice has permanent effects on the Blight name. Amity was banned from drinking the potion, and your apprentice is receiving the fate she deserves. Don't you agree?" Mr. Blight asked.

"Never! I can't believe a parent could do something like this to their own kin," I shouted.

"You don't have a kid, so you wouldn't know," he claimed while sitting back.

"Yes, I do! Luz is my kid!" I shouted. He burst out laughing at my remark. 

"I meant biologically," he replied with a smirk.

"She is my kid no matter what you say. At least I know how to care for her," I retorted.

"I guess I can tell, she is a lesbo like you," he giggled as anger filled my system.

"First of all, we are bisexual, but I guess a homophobic asshole like you has no clue what that means," I growled.

"Eda, do you want to die," Lilly whispered in concern.

"I'm tired Mrs. Clawthorn. If you two leave now I won't pick a fight with you, and I promise to leave Luz and Amity alone; however, I have a solution to this whole ordeal if you are willing to listen," he explained. 

"What is your solution?" I asked, looking at his beady eyes.

"Eda please let's leave," Lilly begged.

"I have a potion that will remove their love curse, but it will have fatal repercussions for one of the users. Once one of them takes it they will die a slow and painful death; however the other will live on as it destroys the soulmate bond," he claimed.

"I would never do that to them!" I shouted, getting up to leave. He slipped the potion into my hand. 

"In case you change your mind," he gleamed. Lilly and I exited the building running for home. The ride home felt slow compared to the rush we were in. 

"Eda, when we make it to the owl house can I have that potion? I want to inspect the materials in it," Lilly asked.

"Of course, but we need to destroy the potion afterward. I don't want Luz and Amity to find out about the potion. I'm scared if a situation happens with Amity's parents she will do something stupid," I replied.

"I understand why you don't want to tell them. You are right, we should remove the possibility of this damn potion," Lilly replied. The owl house came into view as we breathed heavily. Dusk has hit the horizon as we walked up to Hooty.

"Welcome home Hoot! Hoot!" Hooty cheered. 

"Hello Hooty," I replied as he allowed us inside.

"Eda!" Luz shouted while hugging me tightly.

"Kid, I'm okay. Don't worry about me. How are you two feeling?" I asked.

"It has been a bit rough, we are both really sore," Amity replied.

"Kids we need to talk about Mr. Blight," Lilly added. 

"What happened? Are you alright Mrs. Lilly," Luz and Amity shouted.

"So, how do I say this? Urg! You remember your quarrel with Mr. Blight, right? Did he cast another spell besides the one that sliced your arm open?" I struggled, as I watched their faces turn grim.

"Yeah, he pulled out a paper, and I almost blacked out," Luz replied as he held onto Amity.

"Mr. Blight told me that he cursed you with a wolf curse," I explained, as fear washed over their expressions.

"Eda, does that mean we are both cursed?" Luz cried.

"Unfortunately, yes you are both cursed. I have elixir stocked up, so you won't be trapped, but I'm really sorry," I sobbed as Luz and Amity hugged me. 

"It's not your fault Eda, don't cry," Luz whispered. 

"I know, but he hurt you with a curse that is equal to the one I have been trapped with. It kills me to see my kid stuck with the fate I was cursed too," I replied as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Eda, when do you think we will transform?" Luz asked.