Daddy's Home

Luz's POV:

I awoke to the sound of giggling and Amity's arms wrapped around me. Slowly, I opened my eyes to notice that her siblings were teasing Ami.

"Morning Luz, or should I say Mitten's soulmate," Edric teased.  I kept quiet when I noticed Ami was still asleep. 

"We won't bother you for long, we are just happy to see Mittens happy," Emira whispered while smiling. 

"Well we should get going Luz, Mittens would kill us if she saw us in here," Edric whispered. They both exited the room as quietly as they came in leaving Ami and me alone. 

"Morning Luzy," Ami greeted smiling. I turned around to face her.

"Morning Ami," I replied while I brushed my hand through her hair. She moved closer and she kissed my forehead. I put my hand on her cheek and I kissed her lips softly. She returned the kiss pulling me in closer until we were out of breath.

"I love you Luzy," Ami gasped.

"I love you too Ami," I replied while gasping for air. 

"So, would you like to do something today?" she asked.

"I don't know. I just like spending time with you sweetheart," I replied. Her face turned to a cherry red color and she put her arms around me.

"You are too cute," she giggled. We sat up at the sudden slam of the front door.

"Who is that?" I asked with a tone of fear in my voice.

"Luz, you must get out of here it is my dad," she panicked.

"I will love, if you get hurt I will come running," I responded.

"I love you, I will go to the owl house if the coast is clear," she whispered. Quickly, I grabbed my stuff and I snuck out of her window. I hid in the bushes where I was earshot from Ami's room.

"What the hell have you been up to?" a male voice shouted.

"Dad I have been studying for the next abomination test," Ami quipped. 

"Oh yeah! I know that there is no test soon, stop lying to me daughter," he replied. I saw a bruise start to form on my wrist and I heard Ami wince in pain. Quickly, I pulled out my notebook and I wrote a bunch of glyphs shakily.

"Dad, I swear I was working on school work, that is it," she shouted.

"Amity I will find out what you are up to! I don't have the time to deal with you right now you failure of a Blight. I have work to do, but when I'm done you will go through hell if you don't tell me right now," he shouted. From the window, I heard a loud slap, and I felt it instantly. Ami's sobs tore me apart. It took everything in me to not go in and kill her father.

"I'm not lying," Amity cried.

"We will see," her dad claimed. I heard loud footsteps followed by her bedroom door slamming. Quickly, I checked to see if the coast was clear and I ran up to Ami's window.

"Hey Ami," I whispered. Tears dripped down Ami's face that was covered in pain.

"Luzy," she cried. I noticed she had a bag full of her belongings. She walked out of her window and I picked her up and I started to bolt to the owl house. Her face was tucked into my shoulder and she had help onto me as tightly as she could. When we made it to the owl house she passed out.

"Eda! Amity is hurt," I shouted.

"What is it, kid? Oh my god! Luz take her to your room. I will meet you with stuff to treat her wounds," she responded. This must-have woken up Ami because she started to groan.

"It's going to be okay Ami, I got you," I comforted. Slowly, I laid her down on my bed and I grabbed her hand.

"Luzy, thank you," she gasped.

"I would do anything for you beautiful," I replied. This finally brought back one of her calming smiles.

"I am so sorry to drag you into this Luzy," she apologized.

"Don't apologize, Ami, it isn't your fault. I will protect you from them," I comforted. She sat up and kissed my forehead. 

"Luz, I got medical supplies. Where did she get hurt?" Eda asked with a compassionate look on her face. 

"I got these injuries from my dad," Ami replied while showing the bruises and gashes to Eda.

"Amity you can stay here at the owl house as long as you need," Eda informed with a motherlike tone.

"Thank you, Mrs. Eda," Ami replied.

"Luz, I know she is your soulmate," Eda claimed.

"Wait how do you know?" I asked.

"Well, I am the most powerful witch on the boiling isles. Plus, I noticed the same injuries on your body," she explained. Eda fixed up our wounds and she left the room.

"Ami how are you doing?" I asked while sitting on the bed next to her.

"I am doing better, thank you for saving me back there Luzy," she said while wrapping her arms around me.

"Dear would you like to talk about what happened?" I asked.

"I would, but I just want to lay with you for now. Would you be willing to stay with me? I need rest after that ordeal," she asked.

"Of course I will stay with you, I love you, Ami. You can tell me when you are ready," I replied while laying down next to her. She wrapped her arms around me holding onto me tightly.

"I love you too Luzy," she replied.