The Warning

Luz's POV:

   After I figured out that Ami would be living with us I was ecstatic. During our meal, we had the usual complaints from King about how no one finds him scary. When our meal was over we helped Eda take care of the dishes and we headed up the stairs to my room.

"Ami, how are you feeling?" I asked.

"I am feeling a little nervous, but I am okay," she replied with a forced smile.

"I'm sorry you had to go through hell today love, but, you are safe here. What are you nervous about" I said while she laid her head on my chest.

"Luzy, my parents know I am here. They will either try to get me back, or they will kill and torture us both," she cried. I put my arms around her to comfort her.

"I will never let that happen Ami. We are safe, if the emporers coven can't defeat the house no one can. I will protect you no matter what," I replied. This seemed to calm her down a bit and she melted into our hug.

"I love you Luzy," she whispered while sitting up and putting her hands on my shoulders.

"I love you too Ami," I replied while closing my eyes going in for a kiss that was quickly returned. It lasted about 1-2 minutes until we lost our breath. Her rare smile was back and I swore that I would never allow her parents to touch her again.

"Would you like to go to the beach nearby to relax from the stress of today?" I asked.

"That sounds lovely, I would love to Luzy," she replied while grabbing my hand. We walked downstairs to start the journey to the beach.

"Eda we will be at the beach," I informed my mentor.

"Okay you two lovebirds, be safe," she replied.

"Thank you, we will," Ami responded. When we were outside I checked the sky to see that the sun was about to set.

"Ami, I bet I could carry you there," I said which caused Ami to blush. She was really flustered, but she didn't say no.

"Alright," she replied softly. She got on my back and I started to run to the beach.

"See, wasn't that fun," I asked.

"I love you, you big dork," she giggled. We sat in the sand together watching the sun sink into the horizon.

"You know what is more beautiful than this?" I asked. Ami punched my shoulder softly.

"What is more beautiful than this?" she replied with a beaming smile.

"You are Ami," I said cringing at how I used a cheezy pickup line.

"So are you Luzy," she said as she started to mess with my hair. I started to mess with her hair in return and her face turned to a tomato tint. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Edric and Emira running towards us.

"Hey Mittens," Edric exclaimed in a panicked voice.

"Hey Edric, what are you doing here?" Ami asked in a worried tone.

"Dad is pissed off that you ran off, and he demands your return," Emira replied with fear in her voice as well.

"She can't return! Not after what he did to her," I shouted. They gave us a look of sympathy and I could tell that they didn't want this to happen.

"Dad said that he found out you had a girlfriend, and if you don't return home for the suitor he has chosen he will kill Luz," Emira explained.

"Well, she is not returning Edric. I will not make her return to save my own skin. I love her more than anything," I claimed while holding Ami's shaking hand. 

"I had a feeling you would say that Luz, and I am glad you did. I know Mittens is a lot happier with you, and I know you will protect her," Emira replied.

"Luzy, I don't want you to get hurt," Ami whimpered I put my arm around her.

"Ami, I will still get hurt if you leave, and I promised to protect you no matter what," I responded. Ami seemed to lighten up a little bit, but worry still pricked at her skin.

"We will let Dad know of your decision, I'm sorry you have to go through this Mittens," Edric said.

"Thank you for your warning guys," Ami thanked. They gave her a slight smile and they started to walk off.

"No problem Mittens, we will try to stall for you. Goodbye," they said. Ami got up and gave them a hug goodbye.

"Goodbye guys," we said in unison. They walked off the beach leaving Ami and I alone again.

"Ami, we should get heading back to my place," I claimed.

"That's a good idea Luzy, I don't know how much time we have until they send their goons after us," she replied with tears in her eyes.

"Ami, don't feel sad, I love you. We will get through this together," I comforted. 

"I love you too Luzy, we will get through this together," she replied with a partial smile. I offered her a hand up and she held onto my hand all the way back.

"Hoot! Hoot! Welcome home Luz and Amity," Hooty cheered.

"Thank you Hooty," we said as we walked inside.

"How was the beach you guys?" Eda asked.

"It was lovely until we received the news from Ami's siblings that there is a target on our heads from her father," I claimed still shaken from the idea of loosing Ami.

"That's no good! Are you two okay?" she asked with concern in her voice.

"Yeah, we are just a bit shaken up," Ami responded.

"Well at least the house is guarded, you two just need to be careful. Tommorow I'll help you guys get your own staffs," Eda explained

"Thank you Eda," we said.

"No problem, I just don't want Mr. Blight putting a finger on you two," Eda growled.

"I will be the guard demon!" King shouted.

"Thank you King," I said while petting his head.

"Ami, do you want to go to bed? I'm need sleep, so I'm going to head upstairs," I asked.

"Sure thing Luzy, today has truly been exhausting," she replied with a smile.

"Goodnight Eda," we said while she smiled.

"Goodnight you two lovebirds," she teased. We walked upstairs to my room together.

"I sleep on the floor if you want," Ami said shyly.

 "I don't mind sharing the bed if you feel comfortable. It kills your back on the floor," I replied. This caused her to lighten up. We got ready to go to bed and I shut off the light in the room.

"Goodnight Ami," I whispered while kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight Luzy," she replied while smiling. Slowly, sleep took over my body and I fell asleep.