End of the Day

Luz's POV:

       Finally, what felt like the longest day at school was over. Mark had bothered us in the hallways outside of lunch and it took everything in me to not slap the kid. His audacity was gut-wrenching to the point that Boscha stood up for us out of pity. Speaking of that, Boscha has stopped her constant teasing and aggravations towards me. I walked outside with Ami's hand wrapped into mine. Gus and Willow were standing outside waiting for us.

"Hi, Luz and Amity," Willow greeted while smiling.

"Hi guys," we replied while walking up to them.

"So, any news from your soulmate?" I asked Willow. 

"No, I haven't gotten anything in response," she sighed.

"They probably were busy, I'm sure they will respond," I comforted.

"Thank you, Luz, has Mark been bothering you two?" she asked. 

"Yes, he won't leave Luzy and I alone," Ami replied with anger in her eyes. She hugged me from behind while putting her chin in my hair.

"Have you tried talking to Bump?" Willow asked.

"No, I haven't. If my parents get word of us, they will send a blunt force our way," she replied.

"That sucks, they shouldn't have any right of who you are with," Gus shouted.

"I wish it was that easy Gus. I'm going to protect her from them as long as I am breathing," I agreed.

"How are you going to get back to your dimension?" Willow asked.

"Well, if I find a way home Ami has to come with me, or we both suffocate to death. I don't mind staying here though. It feels like I am excepted for who I am here. At home I delt with 10x the bullying I have ever dealt with here. Everyone thought I was crazy or mentally ill for having the desire to live in a fantasy realm including my mother. The reason I am here in the first place is because of my desire to stay," I explained while holding on to Ami.

"We are glad you feel safe here too, despite Amity's parents," Willow replied.

"Oh, by the way, we got our staff this weekend," I cheered while pulling out the golden staff with Ash mounted to the top. Ami pulled out her lavender staff with Draco perched on top.

"Woah, you guys are soo lucky. I heard witches don't get their staffs from the school until their junior year," Gus gushed while observing them.

"Mrs. Eda got us ours, so we can defend ourselves from my parents," Ami explained. Draco and Ash popped off our staff and they started to fly around together.

"If you guys need a ride anywhere, hit me up," I offered while smiling.

"Guess who else has a staff?" a male voice bragged off in the distance. My body was filled with flames noticing the smug words of Mark.

"Fuck off Mark," I growled with venom in my voice. Ami clenched my side out of anxiety about facing this monster.

"That is not how you talk to your future husband," a female voice cooed. Ami's grip tightened while I hid her behind me.

"Leave them alone," Willow shouted.

"Hmm. That's odd I thought I told you not to hang out with that weakling. Anyways, I am here to pick you up personally from school. You have a big date later," she grinned while staring into my eyes. Quickly, I pulled out Ash and I picked Ami up while running. Ami put her staff on her back as she clenched onto my chest. When we were in the air I glared at her mom.

"Actually, I'm giving her a ride home," I growled while Willow and Gus ran off into safety.

"Amity Blight, drop that loser and accept the high-quality suitor we chose for you," Mrs. Blight spat.

"Nah, I have the highest quality I could ever get," Ami retorted while kissing my neck. I flew off and we heard screaming from Mrs. Blight. We soared through the sky as it shifted to an orange color.

"I'm sorry you are getting harassed because of me," I apologized when we were approaching the owl house.

"Don't blame yourself for their actions. I love you more than anything Luzy," Ami replied while nesting her head on my shoulder.

"I love you too Ami," I grinned as we landed. I grabbed Ami's hand as she held on tightly. Hooty started to inch towards us as we walked towards the door. 

"How was your day? Hoot! Hoot!" he cheered

"It was rough Hooty. Mrs. Blight won't give up her search. She is not welcome here Hooty," I replied while Hooty allowed us inside.

"Hey, Eda," we called as we entered the house.

"Hi, you two. Wait a second, why are your eyes pink?" she asked.

"We made a love potion in potions class today," I responded while Eda giggled.

"Oh no, you guys are going to be extra gushy. How was your day beside that?" she asked.

"Mark and Mrs. Blight harassed us. Thank you again for getting us our staffs. It came in handy today," I explained.

"At least you two are safe here. If either of them come here they will pay," she retorted while putting her hands on our shoulders.

"Thank you again, Mrs. Eda," Ami thanked getting a smile in response.

"No problem kid. Oh, by the way, I have to put a barrier around the house. We are supposed to get boiling rain tonight," Eda reminded. We walked to the kitchen to prepare dinner. I showed Ami how to cook and we got covered in flour. The oven smelt of fresh bread while we finished our manticore pot pie.

"Luz makes the best snacks," King shouted as he paised by the kitchen.

"Aww! Ami helped a lot too," I claimed while plating the pie. Ami wrapped her arms around my waist not wanting to move.

"She is a great teacher King," Ami giggled kissing the back of my head.

"Too much romace," King claimed while running to the couch. 

"Hey Eda, we made dinner," I shouted trying to capture the tired witches attention.

"Huh! Oh thanks you two," Eda smiled while walking over to get a plate.

"No problem Mrs. Eda," Ami replied. 

"This is really good," King shouted while eating the food within seconds.

"I agree this is amazing," Eda claimed.

"Thank you," we said in unison.