Bottoms Up

Amity's POV.

      I looked at Luz blushing praying that she is my soulmate. This filled me with anxiety that pricked at my skin. The potions magenta hue looked like one of those cheesy looking hearts. 

"Bottoms up," Luz laughed. I put the potion to my lips and I drank it with my eyes closed. Slowly, I opened up my eyes and I quickly grabbed a pen. It looked like Luz had the same idea as me. I drew a little heart on my hand and I glanced over at Luz. There was nothing on the spot. My heart sank and I felt like I was going to cry.

"Class I see all of you writing on your hands. I wanted to let you know that it takes 2-3 hours for the potion to take effect," the teacher laughed. I sighed in relief I looked over to Luz to see the same look on her face. Well, I guess I don't deserve her. I was cruel to her at the beginning, and I was lucky to be her friend. She was enchanting from her bubbly attitude to her beautiful short hair.

"Amity who do you think your soulmate is?" Luz asked.

"I don't know. I hope she is cute," I replied with a slight blush on my face.

"I know right. I hope they are as awesome as you," she exclaimed. The bell rang and we serperated. We met up again for lunch at a picnic table outside. Luz was sitting with Willow and Gus.

"Hi Amity," Luz cheered.

"Hi guys," I responded blushed. Willow gave me the just tell her look, but then she smirked looking like she had a plan.

"Hey Luz we should have a sleepover to try and figure out who our soulmates are," Willow suggested.

"Thats a great idea!" Luz exclaimed briming with joy.

"We could use my house. My parents are away for a business trip for the week," I suggested. 

"That's awesome! What time do you want to it?" Luz asked.

"We could do it after school since it is the weekend," I offered.

"Cool! What is your address?" Luz asked. I wrote my address on three slips of paper and I handed them to my friends. We ate lunch while there was a kid fight in the foier. The teachers were cheering loudly and I noticed them starting to bet snails. The bell disrupted the fight and I stood up slowly.

"Goodbye Luz, see you later," I said while blushing slightly.

"Goodbye Amity," she replied smiling.