Sunsets and New Friendships

Amity's POV:

Our ride back to the owl house was peaceful. The sky was pink and bright orange as Draco pushed us forwards. 

"Hey, Luzy," I breathed.

"What is it Ami?" she questioned.

"I love you," I replied. Her grip around my waist tightened.

"I love you too Ami," she giggled as she kissed the back of my neck. My control wobbled as my face grew bright pink.

"What do you think Eda is going to say about Mark?" I asked.

"She probably will be very protective. I mean he did stab me," she sighed.

"Yeah, you are probably right. Let's hope Hooty doesn't kill the kid," I exclaimed.

"That's true. I'm glad I get some peace and quiet in the air with you," I smiled.

"Same here, it is so pretty," she agreed. 

"You know what is more beautiful?" I asked. She nuzzled her head into the back of my neck.

"You," she giggled as she held onto me.

"No, I was supposed to say that silly," I laughed. The owl house appeared into sight as we descended.

"But, you are the most beautiful witch on the boiling isles," Luzy blushed. 

"No, you are," I retorted as she pulled out my ponytail. We landed and Luzy tackled me to the ground. 

"You heard me, you are amazing," she giggled. 

"Fine, but you are awesome too," I replied as I held her in my embrace. Dirt covered our uniforms as Hooty inched towards us. 

"What are you two doing? Hoot! Hoot!" Hooty asked with a smirk.

"What does it look like?" I teased. We both got up as we brushed the dirt caked on us. The door suddenly opened as Eda walked to us.

"How was school today?" she asked.

"Today was unusual, Mark apologized for his actions," I replied.

"How can you tell he isn't leading you on?" Eda questioned.

"He got stabbed to protect us," Luzy exclaimed.

"Wait a minute he got stabbed! By whom?" she asked. 

"Alice! She got angry after he told us of Mr. Blight's plan to attack us. He refused to join her and the dagger he used to stab me was used to stab his chest," I explained. 

"Holy shit! he told you of Mr. Blight's plan," she wondered. 

"Aren't you concerned about a student getting stabbed at school?" Luzy asked.

"No, I have seen it happen before at Hexside. What is his plan?" she pushed.

"You what! Nevermind, he told us of a potion that could end one of our lives which would break the soulmate curse. Mr. Blight wanted him to give it to Luzy, but he refused," I claimed.

"Oh my god!" Eda whispered.

"Do you know anything about this?" I asked.

"Yeah, that is the same potion he gave to me. He wanted me to 'give you the option', but I threw it away before I came home to protect you two," she replied.

"God damn!" we sighed. 

"Also, Eda Mark is coming over later with Gus. He wants to apologize to you," I claimed.