Mother Knows Best

Amity's POV.

It was early morning when I heard pounding on the door. I held onto Luz tightly refusing to move.

"It will be okay Ami, remember we will protect you," she comforted. She wrapped my arms around me and she quickly kissed my lips.

"I love you Luzy," I whispered while she smiled.

"I love you too Ami," she replied while playing with my hair. There was knocking on the door to Luzy's room.

"Hey guys, that was Amity's mom. I told her off, but she keeps demanding to speak to Amity," Eda explained. 

"Do you think we should try to talk to her?" I asked.

"That's up to you kid. If you know she will put you in danger, then I suggest you stay inside," Eda responded.

"I will go with you if it makes you feel better," Luzy added.

"Thank you Luzy, I would love that," I replied while she grabbed my hand. Fear pricked at me as I walked to the basement with Luzy. I didn't want to open that door, but I knew Luzy was here and I felt a little safer. Slowly, the door creaked open and I saw the statue of my mom standing in front of me. She had one of the faces like you are completely screwed when you're alone.

"Hi, mom." I chirped with a tone of resentment.

"Who is this underling, Amity?" she asked with a bit of a sigh.

"Mom, this is my girlfriend Luz," I replied. Luzy squeezed my hand in anticipation.

"A blight can't be gay dear. If you come back home we can fix that and we can get you an appropriate suitor," she informed. This really got to my nerves and it took everything in me to not run inside.

"Well, I love her and there is nothing that can make me return," I growled. 

"Excuse me Luz was it? Will you give me time alone with my daughter?" she asked.

"No, I won't! I saw what you guys do to her and I promised to never leave her to you again," she replied.

"Well, I won't do anything for now. My daughter is worthless and she doesn't deserve redemption in the name of the Blights. Human you have caused her to grow flaws and I will not let you continue. We will get Amity back," mom replied with a cold tone. My mom started to walk off and my anxiety went over the roof.

"Let's get inside," I whispered. Luz nodded in approval and we quickly ran towards the door. Luz screamed in pain when fire shot at her shoulder. Quickly, I turned around and I summoned an abomination while searing pain was shot to my right shoulder. 

"What the hell!" I shouted while holding my arm. Eda ran outside to support us as I stared my mom down.

"This is warning you two," she chirped while walking off. 

"You get away from these kids!" Eda shouted with her staff in her hand.

"I will. I was just giving your student a warning to stay away from my kid," Mrs. Blight claimed. She walked off and Eda stood in front of us until she was not to be seen.

"Let's get inside to treat your burns," Eda said with a worried look on her face. We nodded and Luzy grabbed my hand and we walked inside.

"I'm sorry about my mom Luzy," I apologized while looking at the burn mark swelling on Luzy's shoulder.

"Don't worry about it Ami, it isn't your fault," Luzy comforted while putting her good arm around my waist. Eda had gotten out her cauldron and she started to prepare an ointment for our burns.