Underneath the Grom Tree

*Gore Warning*

Luz's POV: 

The tree's shadows illuminated by the sky crept closer to devour me as I landed. The pink glow of the Grom tree welcomed me as I walked towards the shadowy figure waiting by the bark. Ash burned my hand begging me to return from this idiotic attempt to reason with Alice. I swear you could hear a pin drop from miles away. Suddenly, Alice ran towards me with a grin on her face. 

"Holy shit! You actually came! Wow," she giggled as red illuminated her face. A crimson dagger rested in her palm as she played with the blade. 

"What do you want?!" I asked with fear obvious in my voice.

"Isn't it obvious, you," she toyed as she stood ready to attack. My grip on Ash tightened as I glared into her ruby eyes. 

"Alice, why you are doing this? What do you have to gain from your horrid actions?" I questioned. 

"Luzy, you are silly. Just hear me out, please," she begged. 

"First of all, only Ami can call me Luzy," I retorted. 

"Oh, that is sick! Why do you let that loser give you a pet name," she spat.

"Shut up!" I replied as she started to cut me off. 

"She deserves losers like Mark! Why do you put up with her shit Luz, when you could have someone like me?" she challenged. 

"I love her!" I exclaimed. 

"Would you still love her if she wasn't your soulmate?" Alice rebuked.

"Yes, I would. Why do you keep pestering us, Alice?" I asked. 

"That sounds rehearsed. Well, what if I told you there is a way to end your bond?" she stated. 

"I would kill you," I growled to see her start to giggle. 

"Oh really, Luz Noceda would kill someone. I highly doubt that you goody two shoes," Alice snorted. She paced over to me and rested her hand on my shoulder. 

"If you have nothing new to talk about I am leaving!" I shouted. She placed the blunt end of her knife on my forehead. 

"You must be stupid to listen to me then," she smirked. I held Ash like a blade as I prepared to protect myself.

"Leave Ami alone!" I cried. 

"In your dreams," she giggled as she started to berate me with magic. 

Amity's POV:

Quickly, I shot up from my bed realizing Luzy had left.

'Remember, meet me at the grom tree if I don't come back within an hour' her message played in my head. Suddenly, I noticed an opened letter with a broken red seal laying on the floor. The letter had been from Alice! 'Why did I let her leave? I should have known.' I panicked as I ran to get Draco. When I ran downstairs I bolted towards the door to meet up with Luz. 

"Hoot! Hoot! Where are you going Amity?" Hooty asked. 

"I'm going after Luzy. She is in trouble by the Grom tree," I replied as I got onto Draco. The air felt like tiny daggers to my skin as I flew to the pink light in the night sky. I landed by the trees that lined the path of the tree to hide my presence from Alice. My heartbeat clouded my thoughts as I ran towards the tree. 'Where are you Luzy' I thought as I bolted towards the clearing.

Luz's POV:

Pain shot through my body as Alice's dagger pierced my abdomen. Suddenly, she let go and backed off. I used my remaining strength to remove the blade as I glared into Alice's ruby eyes.