The Suitor

Amity's POV:

    I woke up in Luzy's room in mid-afternoon. Slowly, I started to remember the events we had gone through. My gut ached from the idea that Luzy would have to deal with every cut and scar I receive. I dreaded the idea of ever returning to that home. However, I felt comforted when she wrapped her arms around me. Her soft snores were melodic and I loved her more than anything. She must have noticed that I had awoken because she started to mess with my hair.

"How are you feeling?" she asked with a comforting tone.

"I am feeling better because of you," I replied while bopping her nose.

"Aww! Ami I would do anything for you. I am your knight in shining armor," She claimed. Then she leaned over to kiss my cheek. I responded holding her close to me.

"Luzy, I want to tell you about my dad, that's if you are ready," I informed. Luz gave me a look of concern and she held me tighter.

"I'm ready Ami, you might have to stop me though if he ever lays a hand on you again," she replied.

"Thank you, dear. My parents have always been harsh on me compared to my siblings. If I am not the perfect daughter they will hit me and force me to do better.  They want me to be in their image with a perfect husband and my mom dyed my hair to be less ordinary. As you can see with Willow they are very selective of my friends. Today was a mild day compared to what they usually do," I explained with tears starting to cloud my vision.

"Ami I'm here for you, you can tell me anything," Luzy said while holding onto me.

"They have knocked me out a few times and they cover up what they have done with high-level magic to heal my wounds. I was like a puppet to them it hurt like hell and I couldn't show it unless I wanted another beating. Recently, they have been trying to hook me up with high-status wizards to be another gem in their collection. I have been resisting them, but they will injure or kill you if they find out we are soulmates. They use the people I love like torture instruments. Luzy, I'm so sorry, I love you and I never want to lose you," I claimed while tears completely fogged up my eyes.

"Shhh! You don't need to apologize. I will protect you, Ami. I love you and I would never allow them to hurt you," she comforted while wiping my tears away. God, she is gorgeous. I leaned in to kiss her and she quickly returned the soft passionate kiss.

"I love you Luzy," I whispered.

"I love you too Ami," she replied. We heard the door slam open to see King running towards us.

"Luz you must defend my honor," he shouted.

"Woah, what happened King?" she asked.

"Hooty is claiming he is scarier than I am," he squealed.

"I am Hoot! Hoot!, Also, Amity there is a boy out there claiming that you owe him a date," Hooty claimed while going through the window. I looked to Luzy in shock. She held my hands trying to calm me down.

"Tell him I am not interested Hooty," I growled with venom in my voice.

"Hoot! Hoot! Tell him your self Jeeze!" Hooty replied.

"Ami, it will be okay. I'll be there with you. We can tell him off together," Luzy comforted.

"Thank you Luzy, I appreciate that," I said while giving her a peck on the cheek.

"No problem honey," She replied while giving me a hand to get up. We walked to the front door to see a snobby looking wizard with a bouquet of flowers.

"Eww Amity who the hell is?" the suiter exclaimed

"Well, my question is who the hell are you?" I asked.

"My name is Mark, You are my betrothed according to your parents. Now answer my question," he said coldly.

"This is Luz, she is my girlfriend and the only lover I'll need. So, I would appreciate it if you stopped being a creep," I replied while holding Luzy's hand tightly.

"Well it's a shame, you don't have a choice, but to love me," he replied staring into the eyes of Luzy.

"Leave her alone! She said no, and she is mine, so I personally want you to get the fuck out of here," Luzy shouted. He did not seem satisfied with this and he grabbed me by force and tried to kiss me.

"Get away from me you bastard!" I shouted while punching him in the gut. He seems unfazed and he tried to push for the kiss. Luzy came to my side and she pulled me away from him. Quickly, she pulled me in for a kiss, and I flipped him off.

"Your parents will hear of this," he growled while he started to run off.

"Thank you, Luzy," I gasped.

"No problem, I would do anything for you love," she replied with a beaming smile. I don't deserve her. We walked inside and Eda was cooking a vegetable stew in the kitchen.

"Thank you for letting me stay Mrs. Eda," I said. She smiled and she started to scoop the heavenly stew into 4 bowls.  

"No problem kid, you can stay as long as you need," she replied in a motherly tone.

"Eda do you mind if she lives here with us? It isn't safe for her to return home," Luzy asked.

"I don't mind Luz, She is safe here with Luz," Eda replied.