Back to Class

Luz's POZ:

Time skip to Monday:

The sky was full of light and I woke up to Ami laying next to me. She looked really peaceful and it killed me to wake her up.

"Morning beautiful," I comforted while rubbing her back.

"Morning love," she groaned while stretching. Slowly, we started to get around to getting ready for school.

"Do you feel ready to return to school?" I asked.

"I do, how about you? You are the one with a target on your head Luzy," she asked with concern in her face.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry about me Ami," I replied. She gave a half-smile and she gave me a long tight hug. I hugged her back which caused her to blush.

"I love you, do you know that yet?" Ami asked with a large grin on her face.

"I love you more," I teased. This caused Ami to kiss my cheek.

"No, I love you more," she replied with a crimson face.

"Not true," I responded as I kissed her softly on the lips.

"Fine, our love is equal," Ami replied. We walked down the stairs and saw Eda having her morning cup of apple blood.

"Finally up, you lovebirds," Eda teased.

"Yep, thank you again for letting me stay here Mrs. Eda," Ami replied.

"No problem kid. I was able to talk to Bump when you two were asleep and I adjusted your schedules to be the same," Eda claimed.

"Thank you, Mo... I mean Eda," I chirped. This caused Eda to light up and she messed with my hair.

"No problem, daughter," Eda teased. We grabbed some breakfast and we walked to the front door.

"Don't leave me!" King shouted while holding on to my leg. Quickly, I bent down and I picked him up.

"Ami and I will be back after school like normal King," I said as I kissed his forehead. My staff glew in my hand and the phoenix turned into a little creature like Owlbert. 

"Oh, I forgot to tell you two. You should name your familiar to connect the bond," Eda explained.

"Hmm. their name is Ash," I claimed. As I said that Ash hopped back on the staff.

"Mine is named Draco," Ami claimed while the dragon on her staff reconnected itself. We both got on our staff like before.

"Goodbye Eda," we shouted as we started to fly towards the school.

"Goodbye, you two!" Eda replied while waving. When we made it to the school I equipped my staff to the back of my uniform. Then we saw Willow and Gus waving to us near our lockers.

"Hey, guys!" I said while walking towards them with Ami.

"So, who is your soulmate, Luz?" Gus asked.

"I am her soulmate," Ami said while holding my hand.

"Called it! Gus, you owe me 20 snails," Willow shouted while laughing.

"How about you Willow and Gus? Are you having any luck?" I asked.

"Sadly, I haven't noticed anything," she replied while tipping her glasses.

"Same here, I am in the blue guys," Gus claimed.

"Well, we have to go to class guys," I said.

"Alright, see you at lunch guys," Willow replied while smiling. Ami and I got our textbooks and we sat down together at our table.

"This is how it started isn't it," I teased while Ami smiled.

"Yeah, I'm really happy that it happened, love," Ami replied with a small blush.

"I'm really happy that it happened too, Ami," I said while holding her hand under the table. Our teacher walked in the classroom he went over his usual safety spiel.

"Class, today is a potion of your choice day. Feel free to craft any potion you please," the teacher informed. We got our cauldron and the basket of ingredients.

"Well Ami, what would you like to make?" I asked.

"Hmm... I don't know, what would you like to make?" she asked.

"Would you like to try a love potion?" I asked.

"Sure, why not," Ami said while smiling. We gathered the ingredients and we started the mixing process.

"It says here that it makes the user fall in love with the first person they see. This could be fun, I wonder if it would have an effect on us," I stated while reading the textbook. Ami grabbed my hand. The potion was done being crafted and we put it into two test tubes.

"I wonder about that too. This is just like before love," Ami giggled. The liquid was a Pepto Bismol pink and it was warm to the touch.

"Bottoms up!" I teased as we put it up to our lips. When I finished I stared into Ami's eyes as she stared into mine. 

"Weird, I don't feel anything. Wait have I told you how pretty your eyes are Luzy," she chirped as she covered her mouth while blushing madly.

"Ami your eyes, they are pink. Damn did I tell you how pretty you are?" I said while grabbing her hand.

"Aww, I love you Luzy. It said that the potion has a 24-hour effect," Ami explained while interlocking her fingers into mine.

"I love you too. It looks like this potion makes me cheesier than I usually am. I kinda love it, but not as much as I love you," I claimed. This caused Ami to crack a smile that made my heart pound 2x faster than it normally did. She started to mess with my hair and Boscha walked up to our table.

"Aww. Amity fell for the human, I wonder how your family will react," Boscha chimed in.

"Leave me alone Boscha," Ami growled.

"Or what, you will set the human Luz on me," she laughed.

"No, I will tell everyone about who you like Boscha," Ami claimed.

"You wouldn't," Boscha retorted.

"I would too. Please, just leave us alone," Ami said as Boscha looked flustered and stormed off.

"Man you are the best," I claimed while giving her a short hug. The rest of the day went on like normal besides being under the influence of a love potion. But, during the abominations class, we saw someone we hoped to never see again. Mark was sitting smugly in the table next to ours.

"Hello Amity," he chimed while staring her down. I allowed Ami to take the inside seat to protect her from the sly suitor her parents.

"Ami, I will make sure he doesn't land a hand on you," I whispered to her.

"I love you Luzy, my fearless champion," she replied while interlocking her fingers with mine.

"Amity, your dear parents want you home. I would hurry home if I were you. You should date a person with value," he chimed while staring at Ami. Her grip on my hand tightened and I moved that hand to her shoulder trying my best to calm her down.

"Leave her alone, I get it she is beautiful. But, she doesn't love you, she loves me, so back off," I replied in a pissed off tone.

"Oh, so the weakling does the talking for you, I get it. You probably keep her as a pet don't you. Human, she probably doesn't even love you," he cooed. 

"I love Luzy more than anyone in this world! I can't believe you think that I would ever treat her as a pet. She is more powerful and brave than I will ever be and I am lucky to have her. She is my girlfriend, and I will never love you," Ami growled.

"Well, once you get over your little phase, I'll be waiting," he sneered. Quickly, I kissed Ami's cheek to try and make her feel better. 

"Don't worry about him. He isn't worth your time beautiful," I whisper. The bell went off and the class had started.