The Mark

Luz's POV:

       Today I learned how to summon an abomination with a spell circle. It looked like a baby compared to the amazing ones Amity would make. I grabbed a bigger sheet of paper and I drew the glyph on it. It was a medium-sized abomination that was slightly taller than I was. Quickly, I realized the abomination took form from my thoughts and it resembled a blob-like Amity. I blushed like crazy and I disassembled it. Finally, it is the end of the school day. I couldn't wait to spend time with Amity, Gus, and Willow. When I walked home I noticed a heart in black ink drawn on my hand. 

"Hi, Eda! Hi, King!" I greeted. King bolted like a dog to me and he hugged my legs.

"Hi Luz, what did you learn about at school today?" she asked.

"I learned the abomination glyph in class today," I replied and she smiled. I pulled my paper and a pen out of my bag. Then, I drew the symbol for Eda and I tapped it.

"That is really cool Luz! I am happy that you are learning more spells," she said.

"Thank you, Eda, we also made a soulmate potion today," I said smiling from her approval.

"Oh no, Luz did you drink it?" she asked with a concerned look.

"Yeah, I wanted to figure out who my soulmate is," I replied.

"I'm warning you that you will have to be willing to die when your soulmate parishes. That is the reason I never tried drinking it," she claimed.

"I'm sure it will be fine," I responded. 

"Whatever you say, Luz. I just wanted to let you know there is a cure to the potion, but you must take it before you find your soulmate," Eda informed. 

"I still want to go through with the potion Eda. I know that I wouldn't be allowed to leave the boiling isles if I find them, but this is the future I want Eda. Magic has always been an inspiration in my life and I want to continue my studies of being a witch," I replied. 

"If that is what you wish, I am not going to stop you, Luz," Eda responded

"Eda I am going over to Amity's tonight to spend the night," I informed. 

"Oh, I see why you don't want the cure. You hope it's her don't you," she cooed. My face went red and I covered my face with my hands.

"It's okay Luz, I'm not going to judge you. I know I was like you when I was young. Go have fun tonight," she comforted.

"Thank you, Eda," I responded as I hugged her.

"No problem kid," she replied as she hugged me back. Slowly, I walked to my room and I packed my stuff for tonight. When I was done I got up and I started to head towards her manor.

"Goodbye Eda," I said while waving.

"Goodbye Luz, don't get into too much trouble tonight," Eda giggled. My face went as red as a cherry. It took about 15 minutes to find her manor that towered over me. I walked up to her door and I knocked.

"Hi Luz it's nice to see you," Amity greeted with that cute smile of hers. 

"Hiya Amity," I replied while I gave her a short hug. 

"Welcome to my home. Come inside," she directed with a beaming smile. We walked through the winding hallways and we made it to her room. The room was large with lavender colored walls.

"Wow! Your house is really cool Amity," I admired.

"Thank you, my parents are in the elite class of their coven which helps pay for the place," she replied. There was knocking at the door and we both walked over to it.

"Hi Willow!" Amity greeted.

"Hi, Luz and Amity," she replied. We all walked over to Amity's room and we sat on the navy couch. 

"Gus told me that he wouldn't be able to come over tonight because he has a lot of homework for his illusion class," Willow stated.

"So, has anything happened with the soulmate thing guys?" Amity asked with a bit of a blush.

"I haven't had anything happen yet," Willow replied. 

"What about you Luz?" Amity asked. I stayed quiet for a second knowing that I was blushing.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Tell us what you got," Amity pushed.

"Well, when I got home I noticed something drawn on my hand," I responded

"What is it?" Willow asked.

"I noticed a heart shape drawn on my hand," I replied.