The Proposal

Mark's Character Design Above

Luz's POV:

Once we got back to the owl house, Eda started to brew a potion. She informed us that it would nullify the lust potion that we have been drugged with. King grabbed onto my leg begging for my attention. 

"I missed you too King," I giggled as he looked up to me with shining eyes. Slowly, I leaned over and I picked him up. Ami looked at King with a tone of jealousy in her eyes. 

"Aww, does Ami want me to pick her up too?" I teased watching the blush creep onto her face. 

"No, maybe," she retorted adding the maybe quietly. I walked behind Ami and I put her on my shoulders. She rested her hands in my hair as her face lit up.

"Luz is my subject," King growled. 

"Aww, I love you both," I giggled as King pouted. 

"Hey, kids I finished the potion. Wait, what in the world are you doing Luz?" Eda snorted. 

"I'm carrying Ami and King," I replied quietly. 

"Come on you goofballs, you need to drink the potion," Eda claimed. Ami held onto me as I walked over to Eda. Eda handed us two glasses with a golden potion. 

"Thank you, Eda," I thanked as I handed Ami her potion. 

"No problem, love potions are the worst," she replied.

"No, they aren't," I retorted.

"I'm sorry, I was thinking back to my days at Hexside," she explained while rubbing the back of her neck. 

"What happened to you at Hexside?" Ami asked.

"Ha! Your mom is the one who used it on me. She tried to get me to fall in love with this jock in her army, so I didn't defend Lilian from her brigade," Eda claimed.

"I'm sorry, damn she was mean as a kid too wasn't she," Ami cried.

"Don't worry about it kid. Blood doesn't mean anything about a person. You are different from her, despite her attempts to change that," Eda replied.

"She is cruel to everyone. I never met my grandparents, but I have heard plenty from my mom about them. She tries to raise me just as she was raised by them, which is detrimental to anyone's mental health," Ami explained as she tightened her grip on me. We quickly drank the golden potion that tasted vile.

"Eda, what was in that?" I choked.

"Trash slugs have more than one use you know," Eda explained. My stomach turned as I remembered the disgusting creatures Eda had us clean out for her shop.

"Ugg, I guess that makes sense they are the least romantic creatures I can think of," I giggled.

"How long should it take?" Ami asked.

"It usually is instantaneous; however, I still see the red in your eyes. Are you guys still feeling the effects?" she asked. 

"I can't tell, I mean we are teenagers Eda," I replied. 

"Arg, kid you are learning too much from me and I am scared," Eda retorted.

"I love your daughter, Mrs. Eda," Ami chimed as she toyed with my hair. A blush crept onto my face.

"I know, welcome to the bad girl coven," Eda replied. *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* The door riveted from the crashing of a fist. 

"Hoot! Hoot! Oww, what the fuck!" Hooty shouted. 

"Who is it Hooty?" Eda growled. 

"It's that Mark kid!" he shouted. I slowly aided Ami off my shoulders as she clung to my chest.