⪻ 11 ⪼

Chapter Song: OK (Anxiety Anthem) by Mabel

~ same day ~

⪻⪻⪼⪼

Somehow I'm simultaneously exhausted and giddy all at the same time.

Wedding dress shopping took longer than I had thought it would, but it all worked out in the end. After I finally finished having a breakdown over my mum and all the girls and I finished our excited banter, I took a look at the pricing of the dress. My heart all but stopped beating in my chest when the four-digit price tag flashed across my vision. The moment Juliette noticed my reaction she brushed it off, saying that it was her gift to me on my big day. No amount of argument of offering to split the cost swayed her in any. This only meant I had yet another reason to be incredibly grateful for Harry's family.

We parted not much longer after the pricing fiasco, Anne beginning her journey home whilst Juliette, Leigh-Anne, and Nathalie deciding to go out for some drinks. Ruby was still tired from working late last night, as was I, so we decided to go straight to our homes instead of joining the girls for a couple of drinks. After such a long day, all I wanted to do is crawl up on the couch with a glass of wine, some snacks, and watch films with my family until bedtime.

"I'm home!" I call out after unlocking the front door to our flat. It's relatively quiet, but I can hear a soft conversation echoing from the television in the lounge. I'm surprised when I'm not immediately met with a talkative boy and my gorgeous fiancé, usually one of them is at my side within seconds. "Boys?" I try again, kicking my shoes off and making my way into the flat.

As soon as I turn the corner, I see a mop of chocolate curls over the top of the couch. I'm about to call out again, but keep my mouths shut once I notice the sleeping boy spread out across the sectional couch. Edward's head is resting on Harry's thigh, soft breaths leaving his parted lips as he sleeps. The sight alone brings a smile to my lips, one that only grows when I notice that he's not the only one tuckered out.

There, with his head resting on the top of the couch and mouth set in a frown, is Harry fast asleep. One of his arms is resting against his lap whilst the other rests on Edward's back. The telly is long forgotten, some children's film playing like a background lullaby. He's absolutely adorable, they both are, which is why I'm quick to take my phone out to snap a picture of the two.

My attention is dead set on the photograph, my fingers setting it to my lock screen, but I don't miss the intake of air from Harry and the slight movement out of the corner of my eye. Slowly but surely, he peeks one eye-opening before the other, both meeting my gaze from across the room. His lips perk into a tired smile as his free hand comes up to rub the sleep from his eye.

"Hey there, sleeping beauty. Have a good sleep?" I whisper, making my way over to him and plopping down by his side, the side free of Edward. A silent yawn leaves his lips as he tiredly assesses the room, checking on Edward before glancing to the television and finally meeting my gaze at his side again.