⪻ 23 ⪼

Chapter Song:  Big Girl$ Don't Cry by Zhavia Ward

Same Day

⪻⪻⪼⪼

"Love," It's in the midst of a dream about baking scones with Mary Berry when I start hearing soft echoes of my name. At first, I'm convinced I'm still dreaming, my brain so foggy with sleep that I'm confused. It's not until my favourite term of endearment is said that I start to fully wake from my slumber.

When my eyelids blink open, I'm met with a pair of emerald irises shining back at me from the man I've missed so dearly. He looks tired, which is to be expected after the busy week he's had, especially if he's just come from a complicated surgery. His exhaustion doesn't make him any less attractive, in fact, it makes me want to take him into my arms even more.

He holds my gaze as I moan out, stretching my limbs and curling my freshly polished toes underneath the scratchy sheets on this cot. I make a mental note to buy him some comfier ones as a gift because I only took a nap on them and I'm annoyed with their texture. I can't imagine having to sleep eight hours on them. Harry laughs at the small sounds I make as I wake and brings his hand up to cup my face when I'm finished moving about. For a moment we just look at each other, almost silently making small talk.

"Hi, baby." He leans down, pecking my awaiting lips.

When he starts to pull away, I snake my hand around the back of his neck and pull him back down to me. I've gone far too long without his lips on mine and I won't allow our first kiss to be short and sweet; I want long and passionate. There's nibbling, tongues dancing, and jagged breaths by the time we break away from each other. I could have gone on forever and ever, but I knew we had to talk first before jumping right in.

"Remind me to stay away from you more often." He breathes out a chuckle, his voice raspy and deep as the ocean.

"You better not." I challenge, pulling myself so I'm sitting up, the thin sheet covering my body slipping from me. Harry's eyes take me in, before softly tugging the material of the sheets away from my skin, revealing me fully to himself. His Adam's apple bobs hungrily at the sight, my cheeks blushing the same colour red as my dress. I love the way he looks at me like I'm the most beautiful person in the world; he really knows how to make a girl feel loved. "You like?"

"I fücking love, holy shįt." He growls, his lips meeting mine again in a hungry kiss. "You did this for me?" I nod wordless, out of breath. His eyes widen at my words and presumably something more because he doesn't look as pleased as before; he looks guilty, which is never a good sign. "Baby, how long have you been here?" I ask for the time, my eyes widening when Harry says it's after ten o'clock.

"Not that long." I cover, not wanting to make Harry feel bad. Knowing him he'll feel guilty over something that he shouldn't. It was my decision to come when I did and it was my decision to stay. It's not like four hours is that long to wait on someone.