⪻ 05 ⪼

Chapter Song: No Judgement by Niall Horan

Saturday, 4 May 2019

⪻⪻⪼⪼

"Why do you look like you're five seconds away from bursting into tears?"

It's the first Saturday I've had off in weeks and I'm spending it nearly pulling my hair out whilst wedding planning. No one ever told me planning a wedding was going to be this hard. No one told me that I have to think about types of venues and their correlation to the seasons and what to do if bad weather occurs. No one told me that Save the Dates have to be sent out so far in advance that you practically forget who you've invited by the time the actual wedding comes around - thank God for Harry's mum and Juliette or there wouldn't be any invites at all. No one told me that you're supposed to pick a "theme" and colours before booking a venue... I've already screwed that one up completely. No one told me any of this. I'm completely stressed to near tears and I'm not even doing that much.

Harry's family have been so kind and helpful throughout our entire engagement. Juliette has practically named herself as the wedding planner, which I have absolutely no problem with. The woman can command any room she's in, she has impeccable style, and a knack for organization and timeliness. Then we have Anne, who has been a big help too, but her and I both have taken note to Juliette's authoritative nature and allowed her to take point. It's nice knowing that Harry's parents all get along, even after their divorce, especially the fact that Juliette and Anne get along quite well.

Thus far we've decided on a venue - fivefourstudios, right in the heart of the city - and the date - the seventh of December of this year. We knew we wanted a winter wedding, for reasons beyond us; perhaps the thought of us cuddled up close to each other in the chilly evening air whilst dressed to the nines was the convincing factor. It was also a date that just so happened to have availability at the venue, far enough in the future to plan properly, but not too far out that we'd share too long of an engagement. We fell in love with the venue the moment we saw it. It's stark, sleek white and modern look was a wild contrast to the vintage and old buildings in the surrounding area of Manchester we had been looking at. We also liked that the space was big, but not too big where the guest list could get out of control. The moment we walked in, seeing the area set up for another wedding for the following day, we knew that that's where we wanted to get married.

The date is fast approaching, which is daunting and exciting in and of itself, but when you add the added stress of so much more planning to do and the fact that I don't even have a dress yet, it's terrifying. I guess I'm to blame for having such a busy schedule, Harry too but I haven't wanted to burden him too much with the planning. Don't get me wrong, he is a very integral part to the planning and sharing of ideas, it just seems to fall back on me the most. Plus my lack of knowledge in the wedding planning department doesn't help my case. I'll probably not get a dress in time for altercations, so it probably won't fit, but at least I'll be marrying the love of my life.