⪻ 09 ⪼

Chapter Song: Adore You by Harry Styles

~ Same Day ~

⪻⪻⪼⪼

It was late, later than late in my own personal opinion. I'm honestly not quite sure how I was able to make the drive home tonight, between the frequent yawns and eyes having to blink myself awake every few seconds I'd have thought I'd fall asleep at the wheel. It'd been a long day and now, more than ever, all I wanted is to fall face-first into bed and not wake up for days.

I'm met with complete silence and darkness once I unlock and push open the door to the flat. There's a bit of light seeping in from the parted curtains in the lounge, but other than that it's fairly pitch black. A movement out of the corner of my eye has my heart jumping in my chest and my hands froze as I was removing my shoes.

"Dusty, you scared the shįt out of me." I find myself whispering as I shut the door and lock it, before clicking on the foyer light. Why talk to the cat? I'm not sure, clearly, the cat can't understand my scolding. "Gonna need to get you a bell or something." Dusty pats over to me, her soft body rubbing up against my calf and a purr escaping her small mouth. "I can never stay mad at you," I mumble to myself as I give her a small scratch behind the ears.

As quickly as she came, she goes off into the darkness again, probably to lounge about on the couch or something. She's the true owner of this place, forget Harry and me, ownership is all on her.

With soft footsteps, I make a quick pit stop in the dining room to drop my things onto the table and drop some extra treats from the event in my refrigerator.

And to think, Miss Foster didn't think two hundred of each would be enough - cue an eye roll.

I'm yawning again as I move further into the flat. I continue down the hallway, bypassing my shared bedroom with Harry towards the last door. I crack the door open a bit, peering in and around the threshold to check on Edward.

He's curled up in the centre of his bed, a bed that is far too big for him, but Harry insisted he has. His arms are clutching onto a stuffed animal that I bought for him shortly after his third birthday. As quietly as possible, I sneak into the room, pulling the duvet up over him so it's nestled gently under his chin. Like a creep, I stand there and just look at him for a bit, admiring my kid brother that I love more than life itself. After a few moments, my eyelids start to feel incredibly heavy again, so I place a quick kiss to his forehead and retreat into the hall once more.

I feel like a zombie as I shut off the lights, cloaking myself in darkness, and make my way into my bedroom. I stand against the closed door for a few seconds, allowing my eyes to adjust to the darkness of the room. My eyes scan over the body in my bed, sleeping on his stomach with his right arm stretched out on my side of the bed. I smile to myself at his position before making the journey to our walk-in wardrobe. Luckily for us, at least at night, the curtains are a bit sheer so there's a bit of light seeping in from the skyline, aiding my eyesight bit by bit.