⪻ 03 ⪼

Chapter Song: Me Without You by Jasmine V

Thursday, 18 April 2019

⪻⪻⪼⪼

In the blink of an eye, the rest of the week had passed us by. My lazy day with Harry had been spent mostly in between the silky sheets in our bedroom. We'd left Niall's home early Wednesday morning, after getting it on in one of his guest bedrooms. Surprisingly enough, I felt no shame - which I hope wasn't awakening something within me. I'm not the most adventurous when it comes to sex and I don't know if I care to be now...

Between rounds of blissful lovemaking, we'd snoozed and watched a film or two on our collective day off. I'd thought I'd feel guilty for spending my free time without my brother. We don't spend nearly enough time together, but I really had no time to miss him. When Harry's hands, lips, and tongue are caressing my body worrying about my brother's absence doesn't come to mind, it's the furthest thing in my mind actually. Either way, I wouldn't have wanted to spend my time with Harry in any other way: eating, making love, cuddling, and sleeping then repeating.

Thursday was back to business as normal for us. I was decorating cupcakes and Harry was scrubbing in for surgery by five-thirty in the morning. Anne had graciously taken Edward to school in the morning and, fortunately for me, had dropped him off at the bakery after school so I didn't have to go get him. The three of us enjoyed decorating cupcakes before having a lovely curry dinner. I'm thankful for the time we get to spend together, as I don't see Anne as much as I'd hope to either.

Anne really is a lifesaver, without her I don't know how Harry and I would manage. Between Harry's and my more than full-time jobs, raising a child is near impossible. I feel incredibly guilty for wanting to be successful in my career and having my personal, family, time be pushed to the back burner. Sometimes I'm the worst guardian alive and it keeps me up at night. I'm trying my hardest to make the best possible decisions for Edward, and at the end of the day I know that means me being home with him more. It's a work in progress... I'm far from perfect.

But when I get the chance to pick Edward up from school and carry on with my day like a person with a normal 9-5 job, I cherish it. And today happens to be one of those days.

I'd held a couple of interviews this morning for possible help at the bakery. They went fairly well, but unfortunately, no one really jumped out at me. Although at this point I'm fairly desperate with how busy we are that I'd take anyone qualified. Other than that, things had run smoothly today. We weren't as busy as usual, so I made it my goal to fetch Edward and leave the bakery in the capable hands of Ruby. I didn't want to decorate cakes until my fingers were numb, I wanted to spend some time with my brother at home. And hopefully, by the time we get home, Harry will be there waiting to join in with whatever fun activities we've got planned.

"Hey there, little man." I greet the tired-looking schoolboy as the backdoor of the Range Rover is flung open and his lanky frame is clambering inside. Harry was kind enough to take public transportation into work this morning and let me use the car. I know one of these days I'm going to have to splurge for my own vehicle. I can't keep borrowing Harry's car when he's the one that needs it the most. But that's a problem for another day.