⪻ 14 ⪼

Chapter Song: Motivate by Little Mix

Friday, 28 June 2019

⪻⪻⪼⪼

It's been two days since my visit to the hospital where I met baby Benji. I'd like to say I've been up to exciting things since then, but I really haven't.

After my rather uneventful appointment, Harry and I had a quick lunch at a cafe close to the hospital. We were both quite quiet, our minds constantly revolving around baby Benji. I knew it wasn't good for us to dwell on the situation too much, taking a note out of Harry's book to separate the hospital from home. It was hard, still is, not to dwell. Would I like nothing more for Harry and I to take Benji home with us and shower him with love, care, and attention? Yes, of course. Did Harry and I have a long conversation about the potential of doing just that? Yes, we did, but we came to the conclusion that it's just not the time for us. It's not a good time in our lives to bring a new baby into the mix. Between both of our schedules, we barely have time to take care of the kid we actually do raise. In the end, keeping busy has been my motto. The more I'm working and distracting myself, the less I feel guilty.

Luckily, I had a child's birthday party this morning that needed two dozen Among Us themed cupcakes, so it's safe to say my focus has been on other things. Aside from the party to prepare for this morning, Edward has been keeping me more company than usual too. Instead of having Anne come and stay with him or "shipping" him off to go stay with her for a few days, he's been going to work with me. Yesterday, he mainly spent the day colouring in my office between "decorating" cupcakes with me. I gave him some frosting and a couple of extra cupcakes we had lying around whilst I finished up some cake pops, letting the boy run wild with his imagination. It kept him preoccupied for a while until it didn't. Today, he joined Jack in the front of the shop, assisting with transactions and even helping the man clean as I prepared for the mother of the birthday boy to pick up her order. He helped for around three hours before Harry stopped by and took him to run some errands. They were vague about their errands but assured me they'd see me at home later.

It's later in the day now and I've come home to find the flat positively empty. I relish in the peace and quiet, pouring myself a glass of wine and popping on a bit of Sugar Rush on Netflix to pass the time. You'd think after spending all day in a bakery that I'd be sick of seeing sweets, well you're wrong. I just can't get enough of them. Plus, it's fun for me to actually watch people bake whilst I get to be a lazy sloth and don't have to lift a finger.

I hear the jingle of keys in the lock before hearing the door push open and Harry calling out my name. I call back a quick hello, eyes still glued to the telly as he enters the space, no doubt trailing Edward along with him.

"How were your errands?" I wonder, taking a sip of my cold drink. I sense his presence before I feel him, his hands coming down to message my shoulders followed by a kiss to the top of my head. I love how touchy he is with me after being apart for any amount of time. It's a nice divide between being too clingy and touching me just enough.