⪻ 07 ⪼

Chapter Song: If I Ever Fall In Love by Pentatonix feat. Jason Derulo

 Jason Derulo

Same day

⪻⪻⪼⪼

"I've done something..." I sing out to the man who's just entered through the front door. He jumps a little, as he wasn't expecting to be met with his fiance standing just in the entryway, waiting for his arrival happily. His gaze rises from his feet, as he kicks off his shoes, and his eyes meet mine. He smiles over at me and though he looks incredibly tired, he still looks genuinely happy to see me.

"What have you done?" He asks, skipping pleasantries as he pecks me on the lips. I peek behind me to make sure Niall isn't in the general vicinity and grin over at Harry, whose hands are full with takeaway bags.

I didn't tell him much, but I did tell him to grab enough Chinese takeaway for five. I barely even gave him time on the phone to ask who this mysterious fifth person is, glazing over the topic with a declaration of my love for him.

"I set Niall up on a blind-ish date and it's happening tonight, that's why you had to get extra food," I whisper. Harry looks like I've just word-vomited over his shoes, before breaking out into quiet laughter. I know he's tired and the last thing on his mind is a "double" date, but he doesn't necessarily look upset that I've arranged this get-together.

"No way, who with?" Again, I peek over my shoulder, paranoid that the man will be standing behind me. Niall's been trying to get me to spill the beans for hours now, but I won't budge. I've even gone to the extremes of texting Ruby in a separate room to prevent wandering eyes.

"Ruby." Harry's jaw drops in a playful manner. He and I have on multiple occasions talked about how they should just get over themselves and date already. Harry was actually the first to mention their chemistry and at the time I didn't believe him, but I came to realize that Harry's always right and this topic was no exception. It's really no surprise that we're both giddy about this, the only surprise is the fact that we haven't done this sooner. "He doesn't know that it's her coming and she doesn't know that he's even going to be here. I just told her to come over for dinner."

"She's gonna kill you."

"I can live with that. Honestly, this is the best thing for everyone involved. If we just sent them off to meet on their own at a restaurant she'd have a full-on panic. We're here as buffers, well us and Edward, he's great at lightening the mood." I blubber, finally taking one of the paper bags from Harry's arms.

"Are you drunk?" Harry can't help but ask as he eyes me up and down, his tone quiet as if he's trying not to announce my soberness to the world. My demeanour is far from our normal interactions after being apart for so long, not that I'm not eager to see him on the regular. Today I'm just a little extra giddy with wine.

"Maybe just a bit." I wink, "It's gonna be great though; she'll be here any minute."

I turn on my heel to take the bag of food into the kitchen to get everything plated but am stopped but a strong grip pulling me back. Harry sets his bag of food down on the small table we have in the foyer, before taking the bag in my hand and setting it beside his. Without much of a warning, his thumb and forefinger cradle my jaw before he's leaning down and kissing me as if we haven't kissed in years. Maybe I'm still a little wine drunk from earlier, or just sleepy, but I swear I can feel and see fireworks. The real reason though? The fact that I've just missed him so damn much.